+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for my wife on immigration

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
Hi and thanks for dropping by to assist me in this situation.

I met a beautiful Ugandan lady in 2012 and we began a relationship at the end of 2012 for one year then decided to tie the knot on January 2014. Before we had tied the knot, of course we wanted her to visit Canada and apply for a visitor's visa after the wedding. We applied in October 2013 and there was a refusal after that, which was obvious since we were not married and there weren't papers to prove we were married yet. We decided to try and apply once again a month after we got married and once again it was refused, even with the provision of marriage certificates, both civil and religious. Just last month, we applied in person in Kenya with more documentations since we had unlimited amount we could send in when applying in person, yet we were disappointed to see that they did not give her the TRV. The first application that was applied for on October 16, 2013 gave the reasons of YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY, YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE and YOUR PERSONAL ASSETS AND FINANCIAL STATUS. The second application which was done by January 30, 2014 gave the reasons of YOUR TRAVEL HISTORY, YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND IN YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, PURPOSE OF VISIT AND I AM NOT SATISFIED THAT YOU HAVE SUFFICIENT FUNDS, INCLUDING INCOME OR ASSETS TO CARRY OUT YOUR STATED PURPOSE IN GOING TO CANADA. The most recent and final application, the results came in n May 21, 2014 where she was refused for the reasons of YOUR FAMILY TIES IN CANADA AND N YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, PURPOSE OF VISIT and THAT YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS PURPOSE IN CANADA.
Does the government do not understand that my parents are her in-laws so does that mean they are not knowing the meaning of family ties?
All this frustration have left my wife behind in Uganda while I had to come back to Canada because my work permit is now expired while she is pregnant and due in October!
Any suggestions? I know applying three times and if we applied the fourth time, it may not work. Keep in mind that my wife is giving birth in October.
All I wanted her to do is meet the missionaries of the organization that I was with, attend an orientation, meet other family members and friends and also tour the country a bit.
Looks like she will give birth that side but I will go back to be there as she gives birth.
People have suggested me to register the child as a citizen right away and after registering, apply for her a super visa and this way she can get in because the child will need medical attention in Canada since he is a citizen.
Again though, it's waiting that's the only problem. In the end we do want to give her a PR status in Canada but of curse that is another thing of waiting.
What are your suggestions?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you will have to request a citizenship certificate for your kid from the nearest consulate in/around uganda. you will need your citizenship status and his/her birth certificate. once you have the certificate you can apply for the passport. some people apply for the passport first and it's a toss-up whether the consulate will give you the passport. either way getting the certificate is important.

there is no super visa for spouse. also for visa required countries, it is almost impossible to get a visitor visa for the spouse. you will have to apply for PR asap.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
skwan said:
Does the government do not understand that my parents are her in-laws so does that mean they are not knowing the meaning of family ties?

People have suggested me to register the child as a citizen right away and after registering, apply for her a super visa and this way she can get in because the child will need medical attention in Canada since he is a citizen.
CIC knows perfectly well what the meaning of family ties is; you are the one who is a bit confused. Basically, CIC is stating that her family ties in Canada, which is YOU, are stronger than her family ties in her home country, which makes her a high-risk to overstay in Canada. She has pretty much no chance of being approved for a TRV now, especially after 3 refusals.

Having a Canadian child will not entitle her to come to Canada at all.

A person must meet minimum income requirements in order to apply for a supervisa for a parent. Obviously, your baby will not be able to meet that income requirement for at least 18 years. You cannot apply for a supervisa on behalf of the baby.

You should start the spousal sponsorship process ASAP.

skwan

Star Member
Jun 11, 2014
thanks a lot for your advices
now wouldn't the PR also depend on my income? any experiences of what things they will check for me before they check my spouse?
is super visa different from multiple entry? as my MPs immigration advisory said, she can then apply for a super visa/multiple entry since her main reason is of course for the child to receive some medical care as a Canadian citizen. Would this grant her the entry at least? Though of course we won't stay for more than a month since medical care wouldn't take that long and also we would love for my family to see the baby as well

In regards to family ties, I am still confused at high-risk? Is it that unless I, the spouse would be in Uganda is considered low-risk since that now means she will definitely go back to her home country?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
skwan said:
thanks a lot for your advices
now wouldn't the PR also depend on my income? any experiences of what things they will check for me before they check my spouse?
is super visa different from multiple entry? as my MPs immigration advisory said, she can then apply for a super visa/multiple entry since her main reason is of course for the child to receive some medical care as a Canadian citizen. Would this grant her the entry at least? Though of course we won't stay for more than a month since medical care wouldn't take that long and also we would love for my family to see the baby as well

In regards to family ties, I am still confused at high-risk? Is it that unless I, the spouse would be in Uganda is considered low-risk since that now means she will definitely go back to her home country?
There is no minimum income requirement for sponsoring a spouse. You just need to show that you can support yourselves without welfare. See here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

A supervisa is not the same as a mulitple-entry TRV. It's a specific class of visa for parents/grandparents of Canadian citizens/PRs. The Canadian citizen/PR must meet minimum income requirements. The MP staff member was wrong in saying your spouse will be able to get a supervisa.

As I stated before, having a Canadian child will in no way assist your wife in coming to Canada. She has been refused for 3 TRVs; applying for another one and stating that she's coming to Canada with both her Canadian spouse and newborn Canadian child will result in a 4th refusal.