+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice for Manitoba MPNP for international students from other provinces

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
Note: my intention is to not to scare anyone but to make aware of situation so students will do some research and take appropriate decision about their great future.

Advice to International students who have studied in other province than Manitoba and want to move after graduation on post-graduation work permit to get permanent residency through Manitoba province nominee program(MPNP).
Recently, Manitoba province has changed eligibility criteria for international graduates from other provinces to eligible for MPNP.
MPNP website clearly cite as follows:

Students outside Manitoba are NOT eligible to apply to the MPNP as Skilled Workers in Manitoba. However, you may still apply to the MPNP as a Skilled Worker Overseas, provided that you demonstrate a connection to Manitoba that is stronger than your ties to another part of Canada. (Important: If you want to apply because you’ve been offered a job in Manitoba, note that you must first have been working for that employer for at least one year.

please visit immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/eligibility/eligibility-swm/

Recently, I have seen thousands of students (including some my friends and other whom I know via social get together etc.) who were studied and lived in other provinces and moved to Manitoba for MPNP nomination. Mostly of them got MPNP rejections by giving reason as follows:
“You have not proved that you have stronger connection (ties) with Manitoba than any other province in Canada.”

Meanwhile, their PGWP were going to expired soon as they were not able to apply for work permit because Manitoba province did not issue them support letter for apply work permit as their MPNP application was not approved. Result of this, many of them left for home country and some manage to stay in Canada legally (study permit, temporary visitor and tried to get LMIA from any employer).

Apart from this, job offer NOC level A,B or O from Manitoba employer or job offer in field of study from Manitoba employer might make your case stronger to prove that you have stronger connection(ties) with Manitoba than any other province in Canada.

My advice to all International students to research well enough before taking any important decision that can affect your future success.

cooledi199

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
mek85 said:
Note: my intention is to not to scare anyone but to make aware of situation so students will do some research and take appropriate decision about their great future.

Advice to International students who have studied in other province than Manitoba and want to move after graduation on post-graduation work permit to get permanent residency through Manitoba province nominee program(MPNP).
Recently, Manitoba province has changed eligibility criteria for international graduates from other provinces to eligible for MPNP.
MPNP website clearly cite as follows:

Students outside Manitoba are NOT eligible to apply to the MPNP as Skilled Workers in Manitoba. However, you may still apply to the MPNP as a Skilled Worker Overseas, provided that you demonstrate a connection to Manitoba that is stronger than your ties to another part of Canada. (Important: If you want to apply because you’ve been offered a job in Manitoba, note that you must first have been working for that employer for at least one year.

please visit immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/eligibility/eligibility-swm/

Recently, I have seen thousands of students (including some my friends and other whom I know via social get together etc.) who were studied and lived in other provinces and moved to Manitoba for MPNP nomination. Mostly of them got MPNP rejections by giving reason as follows:
“You have not proved that you have stronger connection (ties) with Manitoba than any other province in Canada.”

Meanwhile, their PGWP were going to expired soon as they were not able to apply for work permit because Manitoba province did not issue them support letter for apply work permit as their MPNP application was not approved. Result of this, many of them left for home country and some manage to stay in Canada legally (study permit, temporary visitor and tried to get LMIA from any employer).

Apart from this, job offer NOC level A,B or O from Manitoba employer or job offer in field of study from Manitoba employer might make your case stronger to prove that you have stronger connection(ties) with Manitoba than any other province in Canada.

My advice to all International students to research well enough before taking any important decision that can affect your future success.
So, even if you have worked for a year as out of province international student, you may get rejected? I mean I don't have any relatives in any of the province of Canada, but I have studied in ON and I am working in ON right now. My wife also graduated from ON and currently working in ON as well. But we both are planning to move to MB and both work full-time. She is on PGWP and I am on her dependent as my PGWP expired earlier. Can you please suggest, what are the possibility for us to have MPNP in future?

Thanks