+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Advice-DominicanHusband-Visa-Sponsorship.

zabrinaw

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
Hey everyone! I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is Dominican. Before we were married ( just married for 3 weeks now!:) ) We tried to get a visitor visa twice so he could meet my family before we were married (we said for vacation on the application though), anyways both times we got rejected. So we got married (my mom came, so that was ok). Were going to apply for sponsorship when I get my acceptance letter around December from a college I'm going to. But I'm going home for the holidays (I've been living here since March) and I want him to come with me and meet my family, and we just don't want to be apart for the holidays! (I was here in DR last Christmas2009 too so it's time I spend one with my family).
Any suggestions on what we should do??
Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zabrinaw said:
Hey everyone! I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is Dominican. Before we were married ( just married for 3 weeks now!:) ) We tried to get a visitor visa twice so he could meet my family before we were married (we said for vacation on the application though), anyways both times we got rejected. So we got married (my mom came, so that was ok). Were going to apply for sponsorship when I get my acceptance letter around December from a college I'm going to. But I'm going home for the holidays (I've been living here since March) and I want him to come with me and meet my family, and we just don't want to be apart for the holidays! (I was here in DR last Christmas2009 too so it's time I spend one with my family).
Any suggestions on what we should do??
Thanks!!
As CHC/CIC wouldn't issue a TRV when he was single, it is extremely unlikely that they will issue one now that you are married. They won't believe that he will return home after the visit. I really don't know why you have to wait for an acceptance letter, as a Canadian you can sponsor outside Canada and you don't have to meet any financial criteria, other than you can't be on welfare nor be an undischared bankrupt.

zabrinaw

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
PMM said:
Hi

As CHC/CIC wouldn't issue a TRV when he was single, it is extremely unlikely that they will issue one now that you are married. They won't believe that he will return home after the visit. I really don't know why you have to wait for an acceptance letter, as a Canadian you can sponsor outside Canada and you don't have to meet any financial criteria, other than you can't be on welfare nor be an undischared bankrupt.

But I thought I needed prove that I would return to Canada once he's approved? That's why we are waiting for the acceptance letter because it shows that I'm going back to go to school?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

zabrinaw said:
But I thought I needed prove that I would return to Canada once he's approved? That's why we are waiting for the acceptance letter because it shows that I'm going back to go to school?
You outline a plan for returning to Canada when he is issued a visa. You have applied for school, assume that you have somewhere arranged to live.

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Good luck when you do apply. I too am married to a Dominicano. Have been in process for 4 months now and not having them be "allowed" to visit us here is very difficult. I absolutely love going there, but it isn't always possible and the months in between visits are harder after each visit.

Again, good luck. :)

zabrinaw

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
EaSt CoAsT GiRl said:
Good luck when you do apply. I too am married to a Dominicano. Have been in process for 4 months now and not having them be "allowed" to visit us here is very difficult. I absolutely love going there, but it isn't always possible and the months in between visits are harder after each visit.

Again, good luck. :)
I know how you feel! It's so hard to leave I'm so lucky that my mom and his parents are supporting me to live here in Dr with him. East coast girl? where are you from, I'm east coast too, from Halifax, Nova Scotia :)

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Hey, I am living in New Brunswick. Moved here in 1998 from Halifax (born in Truro).
You are extremely lucky to be able to live with him in DR....I would love to but have 2 children and my job keeping me in Canada.

zabrinaw

Star Member
Jun 17, 2010
Santo Domingo
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2010
EaSt CoAsT GiRl said:
Hey, I am living in New Brunswick. Moved here in 1998 from Halifax (born in Truro).
You are extremely lucky to be able to live with him in DR....I would love to but have 2 children and my job keeping me in Canada.
Oh cool,
And yeah I'm really lucky, hopefully you guys will be together soon ! :)