+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adveritsment requirements for LMO NOC B

Vanc33

Jan 7, 2013
Hi,
I am working in Canada for almost 2 years under the International Experience Canada program and my work visa is about to expire.
My employer is applying for LMO and they are having trouble understanding this part :
Conduct recruitment activities consistent with the practice within the occupation for a minimum of fourteen (14) days (e.g., advertise on recognized Internet job sites, in journals, newsletters or national newspapers or by consulting unions or professional associations)
Do they have to place an ad in all the examples listed or just one of them. Is the newspaper ad required or internet ad will suffice ?
Thank you.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For NOC B, the employer has to advertise the job through at least two means:

1-must be the Job Bank for 14 days, and
2-can be any other medium commonly used for that type of job (e.g. an ad in a major newspaper OR an internet ad OR a union hiring hall, etc.) also for 14 days

That being said, Service Canada has the discretion to ask the employer to advertise more widely (i.e. through additional means) if they think that the employer needs to demonstrate more thorough efforts to hire Canadians. Any employer who voluntarily does more than the minimum is considered to have made a more sincere search for Canadians before turning to foreign workers.

StefanYU

Feb 16, 2012
if you take a look at this link here http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/temp_assessment.shtml#aar it says this:

NOC B Occupations

You will have conducted the minimum advertising efforts required if you:

Conduct recruitment activities consistent with the practice within the occupation for a minimum of fourteen (14) days (e.g., advertise on recognized Internet job sites, in journals, newsletters or national newspapers or by consulting unions or professional associations); and
Advertise on the national Job Bank (or the equivalent in Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, British Columbia or the Northwest Territories) for a minimum of fourteen (14) calendar days during the three (3) months prior to applying for a LMO.

The advertisement must include:

the company operating name;
job duties (for each position, if advertising for more than one vacancy);
wage range (i.e. an accurate range of wages being offered to Canadians and permanent residents). The wage range must always include the prevailing wage for the position – see "wage rate";
the location of work (local area, city, or town); and
the nature of the position (i.e. project based, or permanent position).

Hope that answers your question :)