8-02-2010
Med's Done....
12-02-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
8-02-2010
Hi to all,

Canada is really flooded with Financial Auditors , Financial Managers .Even a Entry level job is difficult to find out.All newcomers are about to fight with the Government. Situation is very frustrating and Dangorous. In most of the Seminars on Job of Government and Municipality , New comers are asking questions that Canada called us as Permanent resident with recognition of our education and experience and by coming here we found not a Single job offer.

Doctors , Engineers , Accounts , Financial Managers are doing job as Mercandizer , Labour man and even to get that type of Job is very difficult and this is not the problem in one city . Almost in province , same situation . Ontario , Alberta , BC , . Even in Northern Province where temperature is -50 in winter.So it totally loss to canada as their Knowledge power is used in labour activities.

So this step welcome by all who are in canada and frustating in getting job. Official figure of unemployment is 8% but if you consider just only New immigrant , it may be 25% . So 1 in every 4 of new immigrant is not getting job.

Most of lay off jobs came in year 2008 and year 2009. 90% victims of them are from Asia . So there is some racical problem also in Canada.

I can predict that year 2010 and year 2011 are going to be difficult for Newcomers due to Excess supply.So be ready for Struggle for another 2 years.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
am afraid now, my application is pending for 4 months only bcus of AEO , VO is waiting my positive AEO so then ill be qualify,
AEO takes time more then what i expected, am afraid if for example my application rejected, that means ill not be eligible bcus my Noc 1111 not in the list anymore..

Regards
rKo

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
do you have enough points without the employment offer? If yes, won't they process you under the old FSW1 anyway? I am asking, not telling.

rKo

Apr 7, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties said:
do you have enough points without the employment offer? If yes, won't they process you under the old FSW1 anyway? I am asking, not telling.
No , am not qualify without AEO, my points will be w/out AEO 59, BTW i got the offer in Accountant which was in the old list...

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I thought if you had an AEO, the list didn't matter. I thought the list is for FSW1 and AEO for FSW2. Is that wrong?

sherry00

May 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mediajunkie said:
These changes only affect those applications received on or after June 26, 2010. So even if your application was received June 25, 2010, they will still fall under the old system.
what they meant by 'Application received'..... at CIO or visa office...?????? My Application received at CIO on 20th may. Will it get affected????
thnx

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
@ Sherry , your application won't be affected.

Guys, every country has their own set of rules, they just don't open their borders to every immigrant but only to those whom they want in the country. We should be broadminded about that, when making policies, they don't think of countries but only their country's demands and how to fulfill them. As far as Asia is concerned, most welders, crane operators, plumbers etc don't take any professional qualification and start working in the profession. Canada is looking for one who has both education and experience in any required profession.

I hope that still quite alot people will be able to apply under new list as Canada was alaways seen as country of immigration.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sherry00 said:
what they meant by 'Application received'..... at CIO or visa office...?????? My Application received at CIO on 20th may. Will it get affected????
thnx
No you are fine.

chahat

Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
chc, new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
feb 2010
AOR Received.
no
this new list is really disastrous... it is shocking, they hv wiped out the highly educated and professional pepl out. yeah, and i do agree with the racial perspective...this will surely affect immigration aspirants from SE- asia.
i also think that now even getting a student visa become more difficult... since the flow will divert to student visas...
lets hope that the list changes somehow...

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
txboy

I agree with you. The decision seems racial but its actually not. but it was a wrong decision from all perspective. Never before Canada has taken such a preposterous decision about its immigration policy.

media junkie

youve been there before, living now, how many asian or european doctors youve seen getting directly injected into the Canadian health sector, why would doctors migrated from from asia and europe be hired without having fulfilling adequate Canadian requirments to be in their workforce. The bottomline is, everyone is acting bizzare in the wake of losing their jobs. So solution to it is to make themselves qualified for Canadian jobs.

I never heard any nurse, plumbers and welders and crane operators went for Bachelors ,Masters or Phds. This is utterly absurd. How can they score 67? This is hillarious. I never heard Canadian health sector, Real Estate, Meds sectors reeled from shortages of professionals in those categories.

The best change would have been to Stop taking all sorts of Applications for at least 3 months, Rather they made mockery of the system and the PR aspirants.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
One can go upto Phd in nursing just as engineers can. If engineers can make it to canada with a bachelors degree, why not nurses. Many nurses get bachelors degrees in many countries.

As for plumbers, etc, you may have not heard a demand for them just as I have never heard of a demand for IT personell in Canada. we just don't look out for jobs that are not in our field. Plumbers, etc are paid handsomely in Canada which implies that there is a demand for them (it is a matter of demand and supply).

3 year diploma or apprenticeship in plumbing- 22 points
4 years of work experience - 21 points
Age -10 points
1st Language - 10 point
2nd language - 2points
Adaptability or job offer - at least 4 points

Total - 67 points. That is how plumbers make it. They may want a high score IELTS because these plumbers talk to clients often. While this might seem trivial, CIC may be taking a different view.

eemmoo1

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So now the applicants whose NOC has been removed will have a single chances if the application is in process and if not then never

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
New2Canada

Where is bachelors, Masters, Phd and where is Diplomas and 3 yrs apprentice programs. its like sky and the earth. Many dont represent all or the bulk.

its clear that they have shifted their minds a lot from Asia to European poor countries.

Quote: "as I have never heard of a demand for IT personell in Canada"

What makes you think that? You think ATM's, Banks, Offices, Colleges, Nuclear Power plants run manually without IT guys? if you think so, give practical reasons please. I am curious to know.

Thank you.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
The point is that those with 3 years apprenticeship or diploma get more points that those with a bachelors degree, i.e., it is possible for plumbers to make it.

I never said there is no IT people in Canada but rather I have never heard of the demand for IT people. This means that I have never heard of there being a shortage of IT people in Canada. Of course by your silly argument, don't you think Canada has pipes, pipelines, sewage, toilets, etc.

If you could read English and think a little more logically you'd realise that the high hourly salary for plumbers should imply there is a demand for them that is not being met currently in Canada. But then basic economics and logic aren't probably your strong point.

mediajunkie

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
jnathan said:
txboy

I agree with you. The decision seems racial but its actually not. but it was a wrong decision from all perspective. Never before Canada has taken such a preposterous decision about its immigration policy.

media junkie

youve been there before, living now, how many asian or european doctors youve seen getting directly injected into the Canadian health sector, why would doctors migrated from from asia and europe be hired without having fulfilling adequate Canadian requirments to be in their workforce. The bottomline is, everyone is acting bizzare in the wake of losing their jobs. So solution to it is to make themselves qualified for Canadian jobs.

I never heard any nurse, plumbers and welders and crane operators went for Bachelors ,Masters or Phds. This is utterly absurd. How can they score 67? This is hillarious. I never heard Canadian health sector, Real Estate, Meds sectors reeled from shortages of professionals in those categories.

The best change would have been to Stop taking all sorts of Applications for at least 3 months, Rather they made mockery of the system and the PR aspirants.
You don't need a degree to apply as or a plumber welder. Just 3 years of apprenticeship which is what every welder tends to have anyway.

Every doctor I have encountered in Canada is from another country. My GP is from Iraq with a medical degree from there his partner is from Pakistan. My endocrinologist is from the Philippines. My OBGYN is from India. My general surgeon from an operation I had a few months ago was from Vietnam. All Asians, all got their medical degrees from overseas. All got certified in Canada before starting - just like Canadian medical school graduates have to be certified too. I know many nurses who have Ph.D.s too. I don't think I have yet encountered a white doctor in the GTA. Shutting off the 0213 category restricts many South Asians from coming to Canada since that is the category that they primarily apply to and because of that you think it is racially motivated. So many of them who come over on 0213 do not have jobs or are not working in IT. The clerk near my convenience store has a Masters in computer science and used to be a consultant in India but he is working there because he cannot get an IT job.

You are assuming that all Eastern Europeans are plumbers and welders and crane operators. All the Eastern Europeans I know are working in white collar jobs. My neighbor is from the Ukraine and a vice president at CIBC. I personally know a shipyard welder from Malaysia that is happy that welders were added to the list and now he wants to apply because experienced welders are so highly paid here in Canada. He could not apply before because he did not have a degree. I volunteer with many immigrant groups and teach newcomers English and they all tell me their stories. I have met immigrants from many countries and from all walks of life.

You guys are talking like FSW is the only way to immigrate to Canada. There's family sponsorship, CEC, and investment class (although that has been put on hold for now too). FSW is the easier and cheaper way for a lot of people, if one way doesn't work, look at other options.

You may not agree with the decision that the Canadian government has made but I am certain that their decision was not made without research. Since adding the NOC in 2008, coupled with the backlog of pre-2008 applications, I am certain that they feel that they have more than enough IT professionals wanting to come into the country than they need and have decided to remove 0213 for now. This isn't to say they won't add the category back again in a few years, but they feel that they have enough for now.