+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR for PCC from Syria

abooudimmi

Nov 25, 2014
Hi everyone,
I am Syrian, living in Saudi Arabia and got AOR on May 1. I submitted only PCCs from Saudi Arabia as it says on IRCC website that PCCs from Syria are not required along with the application and required only if asked for.
After being in IP2 for one day, I got a message from IRCC asking for PCCs from Syria for me and my wife.

Problem is, I cannot get a PCC from Syria because I didn't do mandatory military service, which is required only for males. I didn't do it because I don't wanna be thrown into the war there. The Syrian government punishes us who didn't do military service with things like not issuing PCCs, etc.

I left Syria in 2010 and never visited since to avoid military service. On the other hand, my wife, goes there every year (to Damascus, a relatively safe city) to visit her parents and we can easily get a PCC for her.

Now, I have two options:
1- Get PCC for my wife and explain why I am not able to get mine because of military service etc, etc which will be hard to explain and lacks any evidence. The problem with this solution is that once the officer sees that we were able to obtain a PCC for my wife but not for me might think I am hiding something, etc.

2- Not submit any PCC and explain that we simply cannot provide PCC from Syria because ongoing war and it is extremely hard. Problem with this is that he sees the travel history of my wife and knows that she goes there every year.

I am really confused about what my next step should be! Please help!

r00t

Jul 11, 2017
Hello brother.

I have the same problem now. They did not need it at the beginning, but now they are asking for it. I am Iraqi and I am not in Syria anymore. The embassy says it will need up to three months to issue one and IRCC only allows 60 days.

Any luck sorting this problem out?