+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ADR for new PCC

Nawaf13

Mar 19, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hello sir,
Need your advise.
IRCC has requested new PCC in ADR.
The exact statement used in the ADR is mentioned below.

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. An updated police certificate from your current country of residence and any other country where you have resided since submitting your application This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/19"

My query is that since i am a non resident indian and i have not travelled to India since the previous PCC was issued, can i submit the same previous PCC to IRCC. Will it be accepted? Last PCC was issued in October 2020. I read somewhere that PCC for countries where we do not reside is valid till the next time we visit the country. Getting a new PCC from Indian Embassy will take more than a month and I do not want to delay the process if it is not actually required.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
@legalfalcon
Hello sir,
Need your advise.

"Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. An updated police certificate from your current country of residence and any other country where you have resided since submitting your application This must be received at this office by: 2022/05/19"

My query is that since i am a non resident indian and i have not travelled to India since the previous PCC was issued, can i submit the same previous PCC to IRCC. Will it be accepted? Last PCC was issued in October 2020. I read somewhere that PCC for countries where we do not reside is valid till the next time we visit the country. Getting a new PCC from Indian Embassy will take more than a month and I do not want to delay the process if it is not actually required.
1 month is not a long time though. If you can get a new one, get it.

Other option is to submit the old one with LOE explaining the situation.

D

Deleted member 1083629

@legalfalcon
Hello sir,
Need your advise.

Sometime I wonder if people actually read the messages. What does your ADR say? "An updated police certificate from your current country of residence and any other country where you have resided since submitting your application". Where do you live right now? Submit PCC for your COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, not India.

Even if you have visited India, you don't need a new PCC if you haven't stayed in India for 6 months in a row. If you just traveled for a weekend/week, then no need for a new PCC.

Reactions: mbaleine

Nawaf13

Mar 19, 2020
Sometime I wonder if people actually read the messages. What does your ADR say? "An updated police certificate from your current country of residence and any other country where you have resided since submitting your application". Where do you live right now? Submit PCC for your COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE, not India.

Even if you have visited India, you don't need a new PCC if you haven't stayed in India for 6 months in a row. If you just traveled for a weekend/week, then no need for a new PCC.
That is exactly what i thought, but my consultant insists that i need to give new PCC for India as well.
If this is not actually required, i will just be wasting more than one month.

Nawaf13

Mar 19, 2020
That is exactly what i thought, but my consultant insists that i need to give new PCC for India as well.
If this is not actually required, i will just be wasting more than one month.
If i do not submit New indian PCC and if IRCC actually needs it, what issues could come up?
I need to know the risks as I will be going against the recommendation of my consultant.

D

Deleted member 1083629

If i do not submit New indian PCC and if IRCC actually needs it, what issues could come up?
I need to know the risks as I will be going against the recommendation of my consultant.
Another ADR or rejection of an application. However, the rejection would be easy to fight in court. Rules are very clear on the website.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Nawaf13

Mar 19, 2020
What do you mean by old Indian PCC? Please elaborate./
@ legalfalcon- My AOR is November 2020 and country of residence is Oman. I got PCC from Indian embassy in October 2020. This is the PCC i am referring to in my post. Starting from the date of this PCC till today , i have not travelled to India.
VO is london. IRCC has asked for PCC now so is the same PCC issued in October 2020 valid or do i need to apply for new Indian PCC.
I have already arranged new PCC from my country of residence which has been specifically requested in the ADR. However, it is not clear whether i have to submit new PCC for India as well.

Nawaf13

Mar 19, 2020
@ legalfalcon- My AOR is November 2020 and country of residence is Oman. I got PCC from Indian embassy in October 2020. This is the PCC i am referring to in my post. Starting from the date of this PCC till today , i have not travelled to India.
VO is london. IRCC has asked for PCC now so is the same PCC issued in October 2020 valid or do i need to apply for new Indian PCC.
I have already arranged new PCC from my country of residence which has been specifically requested in the ADR. However, it is not clear whether i have to submit new PCC for India as well.
@legalfalcon - My AOR is November 2020 and country of residence is Oman. I got PCC from Indian embassy in October 2020. This is the PCC i am referring to in my post. Starting from the date of this PCC till today , i have not travelled to India.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - My AOR is November 2020 and country of residence is Oman. I got PCC from Indian embassy in October 2020. This is the PCC i am referring to in my post. Starting from the date of this PCC till today , i have not travelled to India.

You have to apply for a new PCC for your country of residence.

nemo123

Sep 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@legalfalcon

Quick question I have received a following adr request

Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate - Pakistan

I have lived in Canada for more than 6 months (about 5 years in canada) before ITA. They never asked for police certificate from Canada at the time of ITA. Since ITA I have been living in Pakistan. now do I have to provide police certificate from Canada too or is an updated police certificate from Pakistan suffice?

Also why are they asking PCC from Pakistan again. Last one I submitted was in July 2020