+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

adoption interview

NATLIL

Feb 15, 2020
my husband and I adopted my niece who is now 18 years old. She has now been called for interview by the immigration . any one know what kind of questions she will be asked? any material that she needs to take to interview? she is my late brothers daughter. if anyone has gone through this, please advise.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my husband and I adopted my niece who is now 18 years old. She has now been called for interview by the immigration . any one know what kind of questions she will be asked? any material that she needs to take to interview? she is my late brothers daughter. if anyone has gone through this, please advise.
Are you asylum seekers? Is the mother deceased? Did you adopt her before 18? It is very hard to comment without much background on the situation. Has she recently been orphaned.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Hi
Pls can I ask how did prepare adaptation application , we adopted my sister in law son he is 8 years , her mother has been died and father is disabled even her mother did Suicide due to her husband , he is with us even her mother will says after her death , only surrender to us . My kids are overseas and their application in near to final , what I should do pls

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Pls can I ask how did prepare adaptation application , we adopted my sister in law son he is 8 years , her mother has been died and father is disabled even her mother did Suicide due to her husband , he is with us even her mother will says after her death , only surrender to us . My kids are overseas and their application in near to final , what I should do pls
Just to clarify his father is still alive right?

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017
Just to clarify his father is still alive right?
And her wife some day of death gave written affidavit and mentioned that dnt give my son to my husband and even he is not to want keep , we are support his food fees every thing even during her mother life we were supporting we have all affidavits

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canada would consider this an adoption of convenience and it won’t be allowed.
Not sure why you think you can come to that conclusion with the very limited information provided. If the father's disability genuinely prevents him from caring for his child and OP has been caring for the child for a significant amount of time, it could certainly be a genuine adoption.

Reactions: Jahprovideesp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure why you think you can come to that conclusion with the very limited information provided. If the father's disability genuinely prevents him from caring for his child and OP has been caring for the child for a significant amount of time, it could certainly be a genuine adoption.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overseas-spouse-and-dependents-of-protected-person-and-convention-refugee-timeline-share-here.616027/page-2

He wasn’t disabled he may have some mental health issues it is unclear. They also seem to have adopted this child when he was 6 yet there was no mention in their applications about the child. Can’t guarantee this is will be considered an adoption of convenience but there will certainly be concerns about whether the father is competent to care for the child based. This will not be up to the mother’s desire but up to a 3rd party to assess competency.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overseas-spouse-and-dependents-of-protected-person-and-convention-refugee-timeline-share-here.616027/page-2

He wasn’t disabled he may have some mental health issues it is unclear. They also seem to have adopted this child when he was 6 yet there was no mention in their applications about the child. Can’t guarantee this is will be considered an adoption of convenience but there will certainly be concerns about whether the father is competent to care for the child based. This will not be up to the mother’s desire but up to a 3rd party to assess competency.
Ah, OK. Didn't check previous posts.

Shanwari

Feb 10, 2017

How to put adoption application , just need to know the procedure
Thanks

NATLIL

Feb 15, 2020
Are you asylum seekers? Is the mother deceased? Did you adopt her before 18? It is very hard to comment without much background on the situation. Has she recently been orphaned.
we are not asylum seekers. we are Canadian citizens, originally from Malawi.My brother passed away and left 3 kids behind, one girl and 2 boys. The mother to the kids went and got married somewhere else leaving the kids to be raised by the grandma in the village. the grandma makes beer as a source of income. The place wasn't very safe for girl child to be raised as men would come to drink alcohol and girls are not encouraged to get education in the villages. I adopted her when she was under 18. my husband and I have been taking care of her since she was 12. we took her out of the village and sent her to a live with my sister in town as we were waiting for the adoption to complete. adoption was completed in 2017. she is still in school (form3) at a boarding school and she goes to my sister for holidays. we applied for her citizenship in 2017 and she has just been called for interview next month.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
we are not asylum seekers. we are Canadian citizens, originally from Malawi.My brother passed away and left 3 kids behind, one girl and 2 boys. The mother to the kids went and got married somewhere else leaving the kids to be raised by the grandma in the village. the grandma makes beer as a source of income. The place wasn't very safe for girl child to be raised as men would come to drink alcohol and girls are not encouraged to get education in the villages. I adopted her when she was under 18. my husband and I have been taking care of her since she was 12. we took her out of the village and sent her to a live with my sister in town as we were waiting for the adoption to complete. adoption was completed in 2017. she is still in school (form3) at a boarding school and she goes to my sister for holidays. we applied for her citizenship in 2017 and she has just been called for interview next month.
Just a wild guess that one of the questions was " Are you asylum seekers", because you posted in the asylum/refugee section

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How to put adoption application , just need to know the procedure
Thanks
It is a long process. Have you not spoken to your lawyer about this? The fact that you are refugees still in the PR process complicated things.