+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admonished charge on police report

Smokey10

Mar 29, 2010
Hi
The London office is processing our temp work visa and my husband has a charge which was admonished. We have work in Canada - with the same company we work for here, in the UK. Will this cause us a problem?
thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Smokey10 said:
Hi
The London office is processing our temp work visa and my husband has a charge which was admonished. We have work in Canada - with the same company we work for here, in the UK. Will this cause us a problem?
thanks
You mean he was "cautioned" if that is so, it is treated as a conviction by CIC. It will show up on the ACPO So the caution has to be equated to the Canadian Criminal code to determine if he is inadmissible.

PMM

Smokey10

Mar 29, 2010
Yes, it has been reported to them, just wondering if they will give us a visa or if it will be totally disallowed. I know they are reviewing the application at the moment and have asked for him to explain the situation. Which he has.

Thanks for your reply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Smokey10 said:
Yes, it has been reported to them, just wondering if they will give us a visa or if it will be totally disallowed. I know they are reviewing the application at the moment and have asked for him to explain the situation. Which he has.

Thanks for your reply.
As I said it depends on what the caution was for. If it was assault, less than 10 years ago for example, he would be inadmissible and have to apply for rehabilitation.

PMM

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Not totally sure about this...but my brother from the UK had a 'caution' on his police record.

So far....Canada has said that unless the person has been charged in front of a judge for a crime, then a UK caution does not count as inadmissible.

My brother has been in and out of Canada now for the last few weeks and never had any problem.