+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission Requirements for McGill University

sarath_d

Mar 16, 2018
hello there! I am Sarath From India. I am a graduate in Agricultural Engineering with 60.99% (First Class).
I want to get admitted into McGill University in Bioresource Engineering Program. Is there any scope of admission?
My track is :
SSC - 84.7%
Intermediate - 65.5%
B.Tech - 60.99%
IELTS - 7.5

Thanks for your help anyways.

jasperjazz

Mar 14, 2017
Manchester
Category........
Hi Sarath!

If I have to tell you the truth the scope is very slim to none. I can say this because I was in the same position two years ago. Since, McGill is a top University in the WORLD getting an admit is highly competitive. Normal profile of admitted students shows an average gpa of 85%. I told there is slim scope and hope that is through a stellar GRE score or if you're from one of India's premier institution where a student with 68% is the topper in class or if you had your research published in international journals. If not just email a professor you'll get answers from them. Then from there you can move to next step.

Reactions: sarath_d

sarath_d

Mar 16, 2018
Thank you @jasperjazz. I want to persue a Post Graduation course in Biresource Engineering. I would like to know if there are any universities where i can get an admission.. thank you again...

sarath_d

Mar 16, 2018

I’ve gone through the requirements at McGill University website. It stated that the minimum GPA required for Bioresource Engineering is 3.0/4.0 and my percentage in GPA is 3.7/4.0 (as mentioned by the University itself). It completely drove me into confusion again..

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hello there! I am Sarath From India. I am a graduate in Agricultural Engineering with 60.99% (First Class).
I want to get admitted into McGill University in Bioresource Engineering Program. Is there any scope of admission?
My track is :
SSC - 84.7%
Intermediate - 65.5%
B.Tech - 60.99%
IELTS - 7.5

Thanks for your help anyways.

I’ve gone through the requirements at McGill University website. It stated that the minimum GPA required for Bioresource Engineering is 3.0/4.0 and my percentage in GPA is 3.7/4.0 (as mentioned by the University itself). It completely drove me into confusion again..
If you only have a 60.99% average, you most certainly do not have a GPA of 3.7/4.

jasperjazz

Mar 14, 2017
Manchester
Category........
Hi again!

@sarath_d The equivalency mentioned in the university website doesn't work at all. Even I leaped when it showed me that my GPA is above 3.7/4. But, when you apply they'd require a GPA of 75/100 MINIMUM. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: sarath_d

sarath_d

Mar 16, 2018
Hi again!

@sarath_d The equivalency mentioned in the university website doesn't work at all. Even I leaped when it showed me that my GPA is above 3.7/4. But, when you apply they'd require a GPA of 75/100 MINIMUM. Hope this helps :)
Yes.. but how about UAlberta? Will it go the same?

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
You should email the department to find out what equivalency they will use – it will vary department to department. I emailed ECE and they told me they use overall standing as an equivalence.

Naresh_kumar

Jun 15, 2018
Hi Sarath!

Actually McGill requires atleast 70% in your bachelor's degree to apply for PG for Indian Students. Same with Alberta too. But you can contact respective Professors and elaborate about your research interests. If it matches definitely it would be a go. I was also an Agricultural science student been admitted in McGill for Sept 18 Intake..

Hope this works!