+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission Priority

noopur1206

Feb 22, 2016
Hey Guys!
I want to pursue Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering in Canada.
Below are the universities I have researched on (Winter 2017):
University Of Waterloo
University of Calgary
Concordia University
Carleton University
University of Western Ontario

Kindly suggest which university is good for the preferred program.

My Profile:
10th CBSE - 9.4/10
12th state board - 72%
B.Tech (EC) - 8.7 CGPA
IELTS 7.5

succeedbeat

Sep 3, 2015
While selecting the university, consider curriculum, tuition fees, how the location is, part-time jobs availability. The 10th and 12th score don’t matter much for applying to university.
For Carleton university, it an average university. The program is joint with Uottawa. There are two departments, ELEC and SYSC. If you apply under ELEC, you can do 4 courses per semester with the condition of doing 5 courses in Core ECE while under SYSC, you can do only 3 courses per semester. The classes are filled mostly with Indian students as a majority.
For western Ontario university, an additional step of a video interview is required. They ask 3 questions related to your field. The course ranking depends on your chosen specialization. For example, Meng ECE with software as specialization is very easy there. Overall, the university has good reputation. Moreover, this university has less Indian graduate students. Also, the area has less part-time jobs opportunity than Ottawa.

Most universities like Uottawa are strict with having 70% as pass marks and maximum 2 failures. Carleton university is more relaxed with passing criteria as your average grade of semester should be minimum 70%.
I believe your profile is sufficient for Carleton university, Concordia university, Uottawa and University of western Ontario. Don’t forget to write good SOP as it makes a huge difference.

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
hey Noopur!

were you able to apply to University of Calgary?

I saw that their deadline was crazy early!! like April 1st for Winter 2017 intake

kaku

Nov 22, 2009
Hi Friends,

I am also planning to apply for M.Eng in Electrical (Power). How about Ryerson ?
I am not interested in IELTS as medium of instruction at Bachelors was in english and most of the universities waive IELTS. My only concern is that I am from Telecom back ground and wanna join in electrical , ANy suggestions.

regards,
Kashif