+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission Letter

mandy1991

Jun 11, 2018
I am in the process of applying study visa for Canada. I have received the admission letter from the university.
I have some questions related to this.

1.) In my admission letter, my middle name is not mentioned. Could it cause a problem while applying for the visa?

2.) Program duration is mentioned as 12-24 months in the letter. What duration should I fill in visa application form? And what would be the duration of the postgraduate work permit?

3.) IRCC recently announced a scheme called Student Direct Stream for faster processing of visa.
Under said scheme, one of the requirements is proof of payment of the first year of tuition fees.
My program is a term based program and it is not possible to pay fees for the whole year.
Can I be eligible under that scheme?

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the process of applying study visa for Canada. I have received the admission letter from the university.
I have some questions related to this.

1.) In my admission letter, my middle name is not mentioned. Could it cause a problem while applying for the visa?

2.) Program duration is mentioned as 12-24 months in the letter. What duration should I fill in visa application form? And what would be the duration of the postgraduate work permit?

3.) IRCC recently announced a scheme called Student Direct Stream for faster processing of visa.
Under said scheme, one of the requirements is proof of payment of the first year of tuition fees.
My program is a term based program and it is not possible to pay fees for the whole year.
Can I be eligible under that scheme?
1. Mail your university they can reissue it. But you should have mentioned your middle name when you applied to the program. Universities are flexible they’ll accommodate your requests.

2. You should put 24 months. Pgwp is not issued with study visa... you have to apply for it after completing your program. For now your eligible for 3 years.

3. If you know how much it is going to cost for 1 year and you have the fees structure, go ahead transfer the fees and you’ll get a letter from your university addressing the visa officer. Attach that with your visa application you’ll be processed in that new scheme.

Hope this helps. All the best

Reactions: mandy1991

mandy1991

Jun 11, 2018
Thank you for replying. I inquired from the student's advisor of the program. He said most of the students get 1.5 years of PGWP after the program.
My question is whether 1.5 PGWP is enough time to end up with PR or I should go for any other course which would enable for 3 years of PGWP?

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for replying. I inquired from the student's advisor of the program. He said most of the students get 1.5 years of PGWP after the program.
My question is whether 1.5 PGWP is enough time to end up with PR or I should go for any other course which would enable for 3 years of PGWP?
Which program are you admitted in? Which university?

If its a 24 months full time program you’ll get 2yrs pgwp. Time for getting PR depends on processing times, no guarantees you’ll have to check the processing time in cic

mandy1991

Jun 11, 2018
Which program are you admitted in? Which university?

If its a 24 months full time program you’ll get 2yrs pgwp. Time for getting PR depends on processing times, no guarantees you’ll have to check the processing time in cic
It's Diploma in Accounting Program from University of British Columbia.
I checked with student advisor. The program can be completed in as long as 24 months in part time and 1 year in full time.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You need to be full time for PGWP so 1 year study, 1 year PGWP.
2 years full time study 3 year PGWP.

Any part time semesters except the last one and you dont get PGWP.

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's Diploma in Accounting Program from University of British Columbia.
I checked with student advisor. The program can be completed in as long as 24 months in part time and 1 year in full time.
As pointed by bongo... You’ll get pgwp for the full time period only. So only 1year, if your lucky you may get 2yrs. In BC The PR process is competitive so you shud be very lucky to get pgwp and PR in 1 year. Best suggestion would be enroll into another diploma and then you can try for 3yr pgwp since you’d have studied for 2yrs. You can also consider 1yr MBA or MS in finance.

All the best