+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission into MS/MSc Computer Science in Canada with 6.9 GPA

kirk101

Sep 24, 2021
Hello,

I am a recent graduate from NIT in CSE. I have an overall GPA of 6.9 and I have done a 6 months internship as SDE Intern. I am working as Software engineer in Gurugram and I want to pursue MS in Computer science or Software engineering. I have an IELTS score of 7.5.

Can anyone suggest me any universities? I feel like my GPA will dampen my profile.
Thank you in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am a recent graduate from NIT in CSE. I have an overall GPA of 6.9 and I have done a 6 months internship as SDE Intern. I am working as Software engineer in Gurugram and I want to pursue MS in Computer science or Software engineering. I have an IELTS score of 7.5.

Can anyone suggest me any universities? I feel like my GPA will dampen my profile.
Thank you in advance.
Would suggest a lower tier public school. There are ranking if schools online. Your ability to get in will depend on whitch other international student applies. If not many other students apply you may have a chance.

kirk101

Sep 24, 2021
Would suggest a lower tier public school. There are ranking if schools online. Your ability to get in will depend on whitch other international student applies. If not many other students apply you may have a chance.
The competition is already very high. I am looking for universities in the mid or lower tier.
UNBC, Uni of New Brunswick, Uni of Newfloundland, Lakehead uni, etc are some of these.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
The competition is already very high. I am looking for universities in the mid or lower tier.
UNBC, Uni of New Brunswick, Uni of Newfloundland, Lakehead uni, etc are some of these.
your GPA is way tooooooo low for universities(for cs ofcourse) . But try lakehead, wilfred laurier university etc

kirk101

Sep 24, 2021
your GPA is way tooooooo low for universities(for cs ofcourse) . But try lakehead, wilfred laurier university etc
Yes I agree. But there have been some admits with even lower GPA. But considering the reputation of my college and experience I hope I can put some weight to my profile.
I am looking to apply in Lakehead, Lethbridge, UNBC(considering it has low requirements) , Memorial uni of Newfoundland, Laurentian uni, Carleton and Reyerson.

Can someone suggest me if the ones I have shortlisted are worth trying?

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes I agree. But there have been some admits with even lower GPA. But considering the reputation of my college and experience I hope I can put some weight to my profile.
I am looking to apply in Lakehead, Lethbridge, UNBC(considering it has low requirements) , Memorial uni of Newfoundland, Laurentian uni, Carleton and Reyerson.

Windsor as well. apply to all, don’t shortlist as your gpa is low. Apply to all, take Gre as well if you can.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

And note, these universities are indeed shitty. But if your plan is PR why would you even care. All the best

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

There is university of New Brunswick too

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

If you are wondering whether you will get an admit or not, then be assured you will. But apply early and apply to all

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Carlton’s reputation has actually increased over the years and so has Ryerson so don’t think those will be options although no harm trying.

kirk101

Sep 24, 2021
If you are wondering whether you will get an admit or not, then be assured you will. But apply early and apply to all
[QUOTE ="NavjotS123, post: 9716830, member: 889165"]
And note, these universities are indeed shitty. But if your plan is PR why would you even care. All the best
Actually my plan is not for PR. But since my scope is limited I believe there's nothing I can do now.