+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission in Elementry Public Schools in Feb 2011

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
Dear All and respected Senior Members,

I am a returning PR and will be landing in Toronto druing 1st week of Feb and planning to stay in Mississuaga. I have kids presently attending Grade 7 and 5 respectively in their home country.

I understand that most of the pulic schools will accept them for new admissions even though they have missed half of the school year. I am very concerned if they can adjust in the school and adopt to the system quickly. Please advise and help.

Thanks in advance.

SR

leeneljane

Star Member
May 23, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2009
Med's Done....
June 12, 2010 follow up sent Aug. 21, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 3, sent oct. 7
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2010
LANDED..........
Dec. 28, 2010
ksa2can said:

I am a returning PR and will be landing in Toronto druing 1st week of Feb and planning to stay in Mississuaga. I have kids presently attending Grade 7 and 5 respectively in their home country.

I understand that most of the pulic schools will accept them for new admissions even though they have missed half of the school year. I am very concerned if they can adjust in the school and adopt to the system quickly. Please advise and help.

Thanks in advance.

SR

we landed last december 28. yesterday is my son's first day of school here in vancouver. first he don't want to enter the school he is too nervous. he say" how can i communicate with his classmates", he don't speak english very well but he can understand. but after the class, he told me he had a great day. he made a lot of new friends, his teacher assist him nicely especially if he has question. Also 3 of his classmates are from our country so he have a translator. now he is excited to go to school.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ksa2can said:
Thanks in advance.
SR
The teachers over here are very professional and nice, they are going to make your kids comfortable. They are trained for it, cause Canada receives lot of immigrants. My 6th grade kid had some problem before the start of school admission ( like no friends ) and ever since he is having great time. Your next interview ( WITH TEACHERS )and school show is going to be very informative. Something you may have to do any home so that they may not miss their old friends. Give them good company till the time they get adjusted and have their own group of friends. You can show them the way to nearby public library, parks, neighbourhood services etc.

ksa2can

Oct 18, 2010
@ explorer101 & leeneljane:

You ppl are really great and helpful. I am quite relaxed now after reading your replies. I hope my kids can start school within a week after my landing in 1st week of Feb 2011 and hope that most of the schools will accept them @ mid year.

Thanks a lots again on your valuable suggestions and experience on the above topic. All of you are doing a commendable job for the new immigrants community .

Thanks again and cheers.

Kind Regards,
SR

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Thanks folks for wonderful feedback. This is at least stress relief for all parents. Thanks again.

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
Dear Friends,

I am in the process of moving to Toronto this summer. I would really help if landed immigrants can share their experience with getting admissions for thier kids in elementary public schools in Toronto.

I know that SChools do ask for Vaccination records. I am interested in knowing if there are any other specific documents that we need to carry for admitting our kids to elementary public schools.

Thanks,
Chintu

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Dear Chintu,

There is quite interesting info about vaccination as well a form that has to be filled in Qorax thread below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immunization-form-vvimportant-t61790.0.html

Good luck

chintu

Sep 6, 2009
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Jul-2007
Doc's Request.
01-May-2009
AOR Received.
01-Jul-2007
Med's Request
01-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
Aug 2011
Thanks Mezo.

Chintu
Mezo2009 said:
Dear Chintu,

There is quite interesting info about vaccination as well a form that has to be filled in Qorax thread below:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/immunization-form-vvimportant-t61790.0.html

Good luck