+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission for Masters in Computer Science or related field

MSGJ

Jan 1, 2017
Hello All,

I am a graduate with Bachelor's in Engineering (Automobile), however, as per my skills and interest I decided to switch to computer programming. I have been working as a Software Developer for two and a half years.
I had applied for an admission in Masters Of Computer Science or any related field for September 2017, but I have already received 2 rejection for admission out of 4. (Also, I had received 7 denials from Universities in USA for Spring 2017 intake).

I have an B.E. aggregate of 62% with no backlog.
Work Exp: two and a half years
GRE: 311
TOEFL: 106.

I understand that having a undergrad in a non-cs will always be the primary reason universities might not want to choose me, but I have mentioned appropriate reasons in my SOP and also have LOR supporting it.
Also, the courses I had chosen where no specifically for students with CS background, still I am not able to convince the admission committee about my intentions for Masters in a field related to computer science.

Universities Applied In Canada:
1: University of ottawa (Masters of Comp Sci/ Open for students from Non-cs background) - Denied
2: Dalhousie University(Masters of Applied Comp Sci/ Open for students from Non-cs background) - Denied
3: University of Windsor(Masters of Applied Computing/ Open for students from Non-cs background) - Awaiting response
4: University of Regina(Masters of Comp Sci/ requires an undergrad in CS stream) - Awaiting response

I feel I am doing something wrong somewhere and I really need assistance from an expert here.
What is it that you suggest I should look out for?
Is there any other Masters course that would bridge the Automobile with Programming?

Your response would really help me at this critical point of my career.