+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Admission deferral AFTER obtaining a study permit???

Biafaizi

Jul 8, 2020
Hello all,

I have recently got my study permit with validity upto 2015 (No visa, just got the permit sticker on my PP). I was wondering if I could defer my admission to the Spring 2014 term (January 2014) instead of this Fall 2013 term on the basis of which I have been issued the permit.

The primary reason of deferral is that the courses offered in my university for this term are NOT in line with my interests. The courses that will be offered in Spring 2014 are of my interest.
The program I enrolled in is a Course-Based Masters of Engineering program in which you have to complete your MENG by choosing courses. So I need to make these count and not just jump to Canada with any courses.

I've also asked from my University about deferral and will hopefully receive their reply on this soon. [UPDATE: University replied: I can defer and will receive my new admission letters by email and postal mail shortly afterwards) But I'm more concerned about the Permit/Visa side.

Folks at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15 answer this question. But I want to be doubly sure. like am I putting my permit in danger/expiry/invalidity by not travelling immediately to Canada? What do the officers in Canada ask you when you arrive etc etc.

Your suggestions are needed.
Thanks.

P.S. I know I already asked the same question in another thread, but that was when I didn't have a permit. I hope you understand my concerns.
So what did you do ?
You deferred your intake?
Everything went well ?