+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Administrative Error.

jefftoland

Jun 19, 2017
I received oath letter 2 weeks ago and the following week I got another letter.This is what i saw in the letter.
I am writing you today to tell you there has been administrative error,you were sent a letter yesterday indicating you are invited to attend your citizenship ceremony.
However all clients must have valid clearances before they are able to take the oath of citizenship.
You were scheduled before your clearance came through.We will reschedule you for another ceremony once all clearances are valid. I apologize for this administrative error and any inconvenience it may have caused.
Just wondering how that happened and how the administrative made such mistake?

Last edited:

jefftoland

Jun 19, 2017
Yes must be error from them,maybe your clearance just came in. maybe more senior on the forum will know more.

BigRedDog

Dec 5, 2023
Hello everyone.
my wife’s oath ceremony was on August 31st of 2023. The email she received was the same “ due to administrative error we have cancelled your oath ceremony” this email was received on August 30 2023 and ceremony was the next day. Today is December 05 2023 and the tracker still says the oath ceremony is in process and the initial message is still there that your oath ceremony has been scheduled for August 31 2023. Because the email came in such short notice she still joined the zoom link and was advised that her oath was cancelled and will be rescheduled in “due course”. We have sent web forms, no reply has been provided, any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.