+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Addresses during eligibility period

harshab85

Oct 8, 2012
Hi. I'm eligible to apply for my citizenship this year. I have a doubt regd this question.

Where have you lived during your eligibility period? Please list all addresses inside and outside of Canada. Your address must cover the entire eligibility period.

While I was a PR I travelled to the US several times during my eligibility period. The number of days spent in each trips was

a. 18
b. 6
c. 151
d. 10
e. 9
f. 5
g. 14

When I fill the above section do I need to give the address where I stayed for each one of these trips?

Last edited:

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
It is in your best interest to fill out everything and list every address where you have stayed for each one of these trips.
The application uses the format of YYYY-MM, but just list it as i can see some trips are less than a month because;
You are going to be required a Police background check as I can see you have been in the US for more than 183 days during your eligible period for your application.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
fill on separate paper, they have exit/entry cbsa records you cant ignore to list. But since they are all less than 183 they wont ask for police record. But its vital to list all those addresse u stayed, if they where hotels google them. You dont have to write phone or contact person just addresses to save your time.

otherwise they will only return or worst case scenario when u meet citizenship judge officer at final stages where u will have to withdraw or rejected if he confront you with cbsa exit/entry record which is avoidable now. Do your home work on finding those addresses now.

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
fill on separate paper, they have exit/entry cbsa records you cant ignore to list. But since they are all less than 183 they wont ask for police record. But its vital to list all those addresse u stayed, if they where hotels google them. You dont have to write phone or contact person just addresses to save your time.

otherwise they will only return or worst case scenario when u meet citizenship judge officer at final stages where u will have to withdraw or rejected if he confront you with cbsa exit/entry record which is avoidable now. Do your home work on finding those addresses now.
Just wanted to say that first of all, you do not need to fill it out on a seperate piece as you can add a line on the application with the “+” tool.
The second point is where you wrote, that they won’t request a police clearance because all the visits are less than 183 days is also false. As you do need a police check from the rule which asks for any individual within the last 4 years if you have spent more than 183 days in any one country. OP has stayed pass 183 days as an accumulative total amount of days within the last 4 years, if those trips to the US are from within the last 4 years.

Last edited: