+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address to send citizenship application

Mjaber

Apr 25, 2014
I need to send my citizenship application but not sure which address I should use. There is one for regular mail and another for courier. If I want to send it using Canada post express and signature required, would this be considered courier or regular mail ?
From your experience, is Canada post is good for such thing or probably there is better post company?

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to send my citizenship application but not sure which address I should use. There is one for regular mail and another for courier. If I want to send it using Canada post express and signature required, would this be considered courier or regular mail ?
From your experience, is Canada post is good for such thing or probably there is better post company?
That would be a courier. Yes, I assume that's what a majority of applicants use.

Reactions: Mjaber

cursor18

May 31, 2015
That would be a courier. Yes, I assume that's what a majority of applicants use.
Are you sure Canada post express is considered as Courier?
I reckon UPS/FedEx/Puralotor/DHL would be couriers. Canada Express Post would still classify as regular mail

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Canada Express post is considered courier , and courier address should be used while mailing the application.
Express post has tracking and signature and used by many on the forum including me with no issues.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I sent mine by Canada Post regustered regular mail, I used the regular mail add and they recieved it in 2-3 business days. You will soebd a little more but you track it. Thanks.

nilyam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2011
Calgary
Category........
I sent mine by Canada Post regustered regular mail, I used the regular mail add and they recieved it in 2-3 business days. You will soebd a little more but you track it. Thanks.
Sorry I am using a mobile phone. You spend* a little more but you can track where your package is.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I always thought Canadapost is considered as regular mail and others such as USP/Fedex ect. are considered as couriers.
But then other members who had no issues using Canadapost Express service with the courier address so I guess Canadapost can be either regular mail or courier. Good to know!
I sent mine through registered mail with tracking and used the regular mail address.

pumpkin2016

Jun 13, 2017
I sent mine last Feb.25th by Canada Post and as regular mail but with tracking number and signature required. It was received yesterday Mar.1st

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I always thought Canadapost is considered as regular mail and others such as USP/Fedex ect. are considered as couriers.
But then other members who had no issues using Canadapost Express service with the courier address so I guess Canadapost can be either regular mail or courier. Good to know!
I sent mine through registered mail with tracking and used the regular mail address.
Same with me. Back in 2013 when I applied for the PR I thought that Canada post Expresspost must be a regular post service - so many references to the post in the name. I used the regular post address and parcel was delivered without any problem. It was also signed on reception.