Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
I had a letter from Immigration asking me for the address where my kids are currently living. My ex doesn't want me to have his address, and doesn't know that I have it. If he finds out that I have it, it could open up a whole can of worms that I'd rather not.

My ex has refused to have them undergo a medical examination. The kids aren't coming out to Canada to live with me at any point, and I understand about having to sign a waiver to say that I won't be able to sponsor them at any time in the future.

So, my question is, if I give Immigration the address, will they actually contact him, or do they just need it to check with immigration UK about my kids Medical reports?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to me, CIC need to confirm that your kinds are not living in Canada. Probably they are not bothered about the medical at this situation. You could send a statement about your intention of not sponsoring them in future.

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
is there no way that your ex will let the kids get examined??

In the off chance that anything bad happens to him, and they are left orphaned, then what. If they are not examined as non accompanying and then decide when they are old enough, or if anything happens to your ex, that option is still atleast there....

Not wishing anything bad to happen but its a reality that you might want to look at, or put to your ex....

Misplaced Brit

Star Member
Sep 30, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/10/2010
Unfortunately, my ex won't talk to me at all (We suffered a horrendously bad split), but I've had family members ask him and even begged him, but he's not budging.

I finally lost my temper with the whole thing yesterday, and so I've sent in a letter to CIC with the information they asked for, and his address. If they write to him and ask him for medicals, then he can explain to them why he won't get them done.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately, immigration often does not see it as their job to chase after your ex and children. It is your job to try to get the medicals done and if not, prove to them that you do not have custody and your ex is refusing.

One poster on this forum was denied his PR after telling immigration that he did not know the location of his ex and son. He had to hire a private investigator to find the ex and son and beg them for the medicals so he could appeal their decision.

I hope it all works out for you but you may be forced to provide more evidence. Can you get a lawyer to contact your ex? That way it will at least be documented that your ex is refusing and not just your word based on some relative having asked him.