+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Proof for Parents

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hello Guys,

My parents are expected to arrive next month and I understand they would need address proof to apply for OHIP.
What would be convinient and quick way to get it.
Provincial photo id card takes 2-3 weeks and wouldn't want to wait that long to apply for OHIP coverage.
Someone suggested Rental agreement, Me as landlord and parents as tenant. That would be most convinient and quick way to get an address proof.
Anyone can shed some light on this, hope this is legit.

Thanks.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hello Guys,

My parents are expected to arrive next month and I understand they would need address proof to apply for OHIP.
What would be convinient and quick way to get it.
Provincial photo id card takes 2-3 weeks and wouldn't want to wait that long to apply for OHIP coverage.
Someone suggested Rental agreement, Me as landlord and parents as tenant. That would be most convinient and quick way to get an address proof.
Anyone can shed some light on this, hope this is legit.

Thanks.
Hi, how did you solve this issue regarding proof of residency for your parent's OHIP qualification? My mom is arriving soon, and I am trying to see what I can provide as proof of residency for her so her OHIP can start asap.

sum321

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Hi, how did you solve this issue regarding proof of residency for your parent's OHIP qualification? My mom is arriving soon, and I am trying to see what I can provide as proof of residency for her so her OHIP can start asap.
I created a lease agreement showing them as tenant in my house. It worked with no issues.

Reactions: kulb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I created a lease agreement showing them as tenant in my house. It worked with no issues.
Thank you for your response. Which lease agreement template did you use?

Do they keep copy of lease agreement or just see it and return it?

Last edited: