Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
But i don't have any relatives or friends i Alberta. All my relatives and friends living in Ontario or BC. What should I do in this situation when i don't have any address to give at landing procedure. i will stay in Airbnb which is temporary residence for one or two weeks. So i can't give Airbnb address at that time.
Hi there,
There is no need for any relative or friend as such. You can give even AirBNB address as far as you are living there and you can foresee that you can get the mail which will be sent to you. Otherwise, you can also talk to the owner of the AirBNB; they can receive your mail incase you move. I did the same thing for my bank account and the bank debit/credit card I received on the address I left after some days. I told the whole scenario to the owner of that place. Later I took my belongings from him, which were mailed to be me. Same thing can be applied to the PR card too. Hope this will help.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Did you apply for PR through a PNP program? If so, you need to give an address in the province that nominated you. Do not give an address outside of that province.
Could we give a friend address as a mailing address to just accelerate the process while looking for a rental in the province we are going to live in.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Hi there,
There is no need for any relative or friend as such. You can give even AirBNB address as far as you are living there and you can foresee that you can get the mail which will be sent to you. Otherwise, you can also talk to the owner of the AirBNB; they can receive your mail incase you move. I did the same thing for my bank account and the bank debit/credit card I received on the address I left after some days. I told the whole scenario to the owner of that place. Later I took my belongings from him, which were mailed to be me. Same thing can be applied to the PR card too. Hope this will help.
Hi Aslam,
Did you do the same for your PR?
Is it safe to give a relative or friend address as a mailing address while we look for a rental?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Could we give a friend address as a mailing address to just accelerate the process while looking for a rental in the province we are going to live in.
As long as your friend's address is in the same province that nominated you, then yes.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
As long as your friend's address is in the same province that nominated you, then yes.
I am an inland applicant not nominated. So, this will not have any issues on my PR? because I have to reply to the 2nd portal in 7 days. Looking for a rent with some constraints related to school of my kids is a bit difficult to solve in 7 days. If that will not raise any issues will be my best choice.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi Aslam,
Did you do the same for your PR?
Is it safe to give a relative or friend address as a mailing address while we look for a rental?
Hi Rahal! Yes, I gave the address of my friend and it was delivered on that address. Because they do not check our rental papers to match with the address we submit for PR card. For bank account I gave AirBNB address and though I left the address after some days. I told the landlord about the situation and came back to pick my bank documents and debt card etc.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Hi Rahal! Yes, I gave the address of my friend and it was delivered on that address. Because they do not check our rental papers to match with the address we submit for PR card. For bank account I gave AirBNB address and though I left the address after some days. I told the landlord about the situation and came back to pick my bank documents and debt card etc.
Thank you for the reply. Also, congratulations . Never too late to say, though!

Reactions: Aslam717

Ajuu

Apr 20, 2024
I am an inland applicant not nominated. So, this will not have any issues on my PR? because I have to reply to the 2nd portal in 7 days. Looking for a rent with some constraints related to school of my kids is a bit difficult to solve in 7 days. If that will not raise any issues will be my best choice.
Hello,
i am in a similar situation, moving in few days.. Can I give my friend’s address as mailing address. I live in BC and my friend lives in Toronto.
I am inland FSW. Pls let me know

thanks