Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hi all!

I am planning to land in Nova Scotia under PNP, my question is, can I give the border agency address of Ontario (where someone I know is already living) to post my PR card as I will be without permanent mailing address at the time of landing?

Any response will be appreciated, thanks.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Thanks for your link but I couldn't find anything related to my query. Mainly, the referred link talks about intention whether to reside in nominated province or not. That is not my main matter.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your link but I couldn't find anything related to my query. Mainly, the referred link talks about intention whether to reside in nominated province or not. That is not my main matter.
There is no link that addresses your specific query. However other on this forum have been refused landing for doing what you are thinking of doing. You need to provide an address for your PR card mailing that is in the province that nominated you.

Reactions: Ponga

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
There is no link that addresses your specific query. However other on this forum have been refused landing for doing what you are thinking of doing. You need to provide an address for your PR card mailing that is in the province that nominated you.
Your last sentence was suffice to answer my question but thanks anyways.

• Angry
Reactions: Ponga

Pari17

Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,

I am going back to India wihtwit PR card. I have given my current address to get PR card however as i m moving to India I don't want my PR card to be dispatched here. Can I change my address online to get PR card at didiffere address ??

Abhay2023

Mar 5, 2023
Hi Aslam, I have a query like you, I am inlander and waiting for my family, I am resending in BC and my cousin staying in Toronto (own house) so I want to give his address for PR card. so what you advice me as I am staying in rented flat in BC

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Aslam, I have a query like you, I am inlander and waiting for my family, I am resending in BC and my cousin staying in Toronto (own house) so I want to give his address for PR card. so what you advice me as I am staying in rented flat in BC
Did you apply for PR through a PNP program? If so, you need to give an address in the province that nominated you. Do not give an address outside of that province.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ok thanks
We've seen cases here where landing was denied when people gave an address in a province outside of their nominating province. Do not risk it.

Reactions: Taran D
Nov 3, 2018
We've seen cases here where landing was denied when people gave an address in a province outside of their nominating province. Do not risk it.
i am in similar situation. i am a outlander applicant and nominated by Alberta Province. Currently My PR application is in progress with IRCC. I don't have any relatives or friends in Alberta but my relatives are living in Ontario provice. So what is my options now in absence of Alberta address while landing in Nominated province.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Did you apply for PR through a PNP program? If so, you need to give an address in the province that nominated you. Do not give an address outside of that province.
Sorry for my late reply. I was not following this thread. Yes, I did apply through PNP. It has been four years. What I remember is that, I did not give address of other province for sending my PR. Actually, you need to give the address, even temporary, the place where you are living or even any of your friend or relative's. I did give address one of my friend, whom, I came to know after landing.

Nov 3, 2018
Sorry for my late reply. I was not following this thread. Yes, I did apply through PNP. It has been four years. What I remember is that, I did not give address of other province for sending my PR. Actually, you need to give the address, even temporary, the place where you are living or even any of your friend or relative's. I did give address one of my friend, whom, I came to know after landing.
But i don't have any relatives or friends i Alberta. All my relatives and friends living in Ontario or BC. What should I do in this situation when i don't have any address to give at landing procedure. i will stay in Airbnb which is temporary residence for one or two weeks. So i can't give Airbnb address at that time.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But i don't have any relatives or friends i Alberta. All my relatives and friends living in Ontario or BC. What should I do in this situation when i don't have any address to give at landing procedure. i will stay in Airbnb which is temporary residence for one or two weeks. So i can't give Airbnb address at that time.
You need an Alberta address for the mailing of your PR card. Or you can let the officer know you are only soft landing and will submit an application for your PR card once you've returned to Canada to live here permanently.

Nov 3, 2018
You need an Alberta address for the mailing of your PR card. Or you can let the officer know you are only soft landing and will submit an application for your PR card once you've returned to Canada to live here permanently.
i will not do soft landing. i am planning to stay in Canada after doing first landing. i think I can let the officer know that I don't have any address for PR card as i have any known person in Alberta.
i can aske them to update address on later stage once we have a permanent address.