+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address Notification for PR Card

Jhokris

Dec 19, 2017
Hello, we just landed here in Toronto last 3 Feb 2018 and today we have been trying to use to online tool of CIC to notify them of our address where they can mail our PR cards. The issue is after submitting the required details on the web page, it says that they are not able to identify me.

All the details I entered are correct and I have not used the online tool before, so I'm not sure what's wrong. I already sent a report to CIC website, still waiting for their response.

Anyone who experienced the same issue? What have you done in your case?

Thanks in advance!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
My guess it takes time for their system to update to show you as a landed PR and the application to get into the system so maybe check again in a few days or a week. Did you provide any address at all when you landed making this just an address change with confirmation from the officer your PR card application had been put forward for processing ? A few days is not going to make any difference given takes couple of months before the cards will be available.

Jhokris

Dec 19, 2017
My guess it takes time for their system to update to show you as a landed PR and the application to get into the system so maybe check again in a few days or a week. Did you provide any address at all when you landed making this just an address change with confirmation from the officer your PR card application had been put forward for processing ? A few days is not going to make any difference given takes couple of months before the cards will be available.
Hi! Thanks for the reply. No, this is the first time I'm providing an address.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Please call and update the address. That's the only reliable way to update the address. The online system doesn't work for most of the them.
Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. Is there any official guide for landing with COPR, temp address for first time visitors. I read mixed reviews for multiple landings using COPR.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Online address notification tool does not work for many(did not work for nearly 40 days after landing, after that I did not check), not sure the reason why.
As the tool had not worked for me, had raised a CSE for updating of address. But, the address was still not updated. So, please call CIC to get your address updated(as said above), the reliable way of getting the address updated.

Reactions: RandomPlanet

Banami_Canada

Aug 16, 2017
Dear All,

I too experience the same problem with online and i am currently in US (returned to US after finishing landing process) and the 1-888-242-2100 is not reachable from outside Canada. They have given a fax option in the form but that too gives me trouble sending from fax machine from US, finally i created a account with Myfax.com and fax it. I get a reply the fax is transmitted but i am not sure how to verify the CIC officers received it and started to process. Kindly let me know if there is any ways to track the status of the PR card and the mailing address updated?

Thanks

Reactions: Jhokris

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Dear All,

I too experience the same problem with online and i am currently in US (returned to US after finishing landing process) and the 1-888-242-2100 is not reachable from outside Canada. They have given a fax option in the form but that too gives me trouble sending from fax machine from US, finally i created a account with Myfax.com and fax it. I get a reply the fax is transmitted but i am not sure how to verify the CIC officers received it and started to process. Kindly let me know if there is any ways to track the status of the PR card and the mailing address updated?

Thanks
Dial this number from US to reach cic.. *67 613 944 4000. *67 is to mask caller number. It works 100% and I updated my address using this way.

Banami_Canada

Aug 16, 2017
Dial this number from US to reach cic.. *67 613 944 4000. *67 is to mask caller number. It works 100% and I updated my address using this way.
Hi Deepcur, you are a genius..! It worked perfectly and I spoke to the agent and updated the address. I prayed last night and morning you gave this information. Feel like you are a messenger from God.. Thank you for giving such a great peace of mind.

Reactions: Jakev

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Are there any way i can provide my address when landed so i don't need to update it later on ? Can any experience guy share experience ? Thanks

Banami_Canada

Aug 16, 2017
Are there any way i can provide my address when landed so i don't need to update it later on ? Can any experience guy share experience ? Thanks
For me immigration officer gave the form and told to update online or fill the form and fax it. That time it sounded like simple. If I knew it will be so difficult to do outside Canada I would have filled and gave it to him instantly. Better yo ask him to fill to and it immediately. If he says no you can't, then follow our foot steps.. Now we have an idea how to do it.

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
For me immigration officer gave the form and told to update online or fill the form and fax it. That time it sounded like simple. If I knew it will be so difficult to do outside Canada I would have filled and gave it to him instantly. Better yo ask him to fill to and it immediately. If he says no you can't, then follow our foot steps.. Now we have an idea how to do it.
Can you share how can i do it smoothly ? Suppose i first landed i don't have my address right the way.

rockytg

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2016
Doc's Request.
22-Apr-2016, Additional Doc Request 13-July-2016
Nomination.....
29-July-2016
AOR Received.
31-Aug-2016
Med's Done....
22 August, further tests 18 Sep, 11 Oct Meds passed
Passport Req..
06-Mar-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2017
LANDED..........
Jun 2017
Can you share how can i do it smoothly ? Suppose i first landed i don't have my address right the way.
The day you have an address , give a call to CIC. Calling is the best way to get the address updated, other ways might not work, however can be tried.
If you are in Canada, calling CIC is not an issue. However, if you leave Canada then ensure that you have a way to call the CIC numbers(Canada or the US one) from your home country.

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
The day you have an address , give a call to CIC. Calling is the best way to get the address updated, other ways might not work, however can be tried.
If you are in Canada, calling CIC is not an issue. However, if you leave Canada then ensure that you have a way to call the CIC numbers(Canada or the US one) from your home country.
Thank you for your valuable sharing !!

jinu22j

Feb 19, 2018
Hi Deepcur, you are a genius..! It worked perfectly and I spoke to the agent and updated the address. I prayed last night and morning you gave this information. Feel like you are a messenger from God.. Thank you for giving such a great peace of mind.
HI all,
We landed on 21st May 2018, and we gave address on the declaration card. My IO didnt ask for adres for pr card or he didnt tell me to update address online.. Anyway we need to get our pr cards on the same address that v gave on declaration card. Wat can i do now. V r outside Canada now (qatar). i tried doing it online and found that it is not working for me. tried calling them while in canada and found that they r not picking call. please advise.