App. Filed.......
SP -17-04-2013 PR-10-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013/25-06-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2013/15-08-2014
Hey guys,

I am in a dilemma here. So here is the situation -

1. When I came to Canada I moved into my sisters place.
2. Since then I have moved to different locations.
3. But I never changed my address anywhere
4. For citizenship they are asking for residential address, msiling address and also places where I have been physically.

For now I have put my sisters address as home address, my current as mailing address and also correctly where I have been in the previous years. The thing is my current physical address is not the same as my residential address. Any siggestion is appreciated.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I am in a dilemma here. So here is the situation -

1. When I came to Canada I moved into my sisters place.
2. Since then I have moved to different locations.
3. But I never changed my address anywhere
4. For citizenship they are asking for residential address, msiling address and also places where I have been physically.

For now I have put my sisters address as home address, my current as mailing address and also correctly where I have been in the previous years. The thing is my current physical address is not the same as my residential address. Any siggestion is appreciated.
There is no issue if mailing address and home address are different but be careful in application your present home address should be same as on your ID proof.

Bob_canada

Sep 21, 2019
Hey guy! please help me

I talked to two paralegal/lawers and no one can give me a proper explanation of what to do and it makes me frustrated/upset/nervous.

Now I am going to apply for citizenship and I was going to write(MM.YY):

08.17-PRESENT: address A (I moved back to address A where I live until nowadays)
10.16-07.17: address B (lived for 12 months, school+welfare)
08.16-09.16: address A (lived for 2 months, refugee claimant)

More info:
I applied for refugee and my address that time was A. Then I moved to address B (my English school + welfare) was on that address. However, my lawyer kept my address A for all documents(Even for the court + refugee claim). My driver's license and my health card were on address A (because I thought that I am going to stay on address B for school only for a few months, but the school took 12 months). When I applied for a PR I used address A as well(because it was in all documents and my lawyer told me to keep using it), however, I lived on address B that time.

When I filled taxes: I filed taxes with A address. However, CRA knows that I moved to A address from another address (they don't know this address) but they know that I started living on address A from "08.17": I logged in to CRA and checked it.

When I applied for a Canadian travel document, I didn't know what to write honestly. And I wrote A and B addresses because I thought that I need to fix that mistake (for a Canadian travel document I need to write where I lived for the last years):

08.17-PRESENT: address A (I moved back to address A where I live until nowadays)
02.16-07.17: address B (lived for 11 months but I didn't include all months because they asked for the last 2 years)

However, I went to a person who applies for citizenship today to check my application and this person told me that I shouldn't write the address B because it's confusing and when I lived on address B my driver's license and Health Card were on address A.

Now I don't know what to write at all.

I am thinking about these options:
1) put it as it is even when my HC and DL were on address A while I lived on B and my PR documents were on address A + my temporary SIN on address A
10.16-07.17: address B (lived for 12 months, school+welfare)
08.16-09.16 data: address A (lived for 2 months, refugee claimant)
2) remove address B(I was advised to do this):
08.16-PRESENT: address A
3)
08.17-PRESENT: address A
02.17-07.17: address B
08.16-02.17: address A (in this case HC and DL were on address A which seems correct and when I applied for a PR, I used address A as well). No questions in this case, except for RQ.

Please advise

Fido911

Sep 22, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
LANDED..........
16-08-2012
Aren’t you required by law to put the right address in your driver’s licence within 6 days? And your health card in 30 days?
If so, why didn’t you update your address?
The best you can do right now is update your actual address in your HC and DL before submitting any documents.
As long as your current actual address is the same in your HC & DL, I can’t see any reason for your confusion

Last edited: