+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Hi all,
I am struggling with this question about address history, a change in an address happens when a person establishes a new residence or address changes based on physical presence?

The thing is that I moved from home country to Canada, and stayed 4 nights in a hotel when I came to Canada and then signed a new lease, basically my legal documents have my previous home address from my own country and then new apartment address that I leased. For CIC though, should I include the stay in the hotel? or the "TO" date on the previous address and "FROM" date on the new address would be the date of the new apartment lease?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi all,
I am struggling with this question about address history, a change in an address happens when a person establishes a new residence or address changes based on physical presence?

The thing is that I moved from home country to Canada, and stayed 4 nights in a hotel when I came to Canada and then signed a new lease, basically my legal documents have my previous home address from my own country and then new apartment address that I leased. For CIC though, should I include the stay in the hotel? or the "TO" date on the previous address and "FROM" date on the new address would be the date of the new apartment lease?
You don't need to show the hotel address in address history.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
How should I write the "To" and "From" dates?
You haven’t given much details for your case. I’m making an assumption you moved to Canada for work or study I.e. long term. In that case in my opinion you can use either address for those 4 days. In case those 4 days were for short term visit you would have used home country address

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi all,

If it's for tourism then your adress history will remain same as country you came from as a tourist. You dont have to include hotel address. Just include that in travel history.

prazi

Mar 15, 2018
Hi all,

Ignore the hotel stay

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
You haven’t given much details for your case. I’m making an assumption you moved to Canada for work or study I.e. long term. In that case in my opinion you can use either address for those 4 days. In case those 4 days were for short term visit you would have used home country address
I came to Canada as a student. If I use my previous home country for address till the new date I signed the lease, the address which is from home and date of entry to Canada would be kind of interfering?

Last edited:

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I came to Canada as a student.
Then you need to mention address history from Day 1 of your landing in Canada. You can mention hotel address for the days you stayed there and then home address when you moved it from. As it is not for tourism but you changed country of residence.

caf445

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
Then you need to mention address history from Day 1 of your landing in Canada. You can mention hotel address for the days you stayed there and then home address when you moved it from. As it is not for tourism but you changed country of residence.
I have a paper based pr application also, on that as the address history is based on year and month ( day is not needed), I ignored the hotel address. If I include the hotel address in EE, will I face any issue?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I have a paper based pr application also, on that as the address history is based on year and month ( day is not needed), I ignored the hotel address. If I include the hotel address in EE, will I face any issue?
No issues. If date is there more granulaity can be put otherwise not.

Reactions: caf445

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
They wouldn’t cross check the application and raise a flag?
As you said if there is no date but only month whereas in other there is date & month, which one will have more granular details?
Do you have paper based and EE running in parallel? Regardless there will be no issue

Reactions: caf445