+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello i need help ....Qatar PCC Dates - 19 July 1986 to 7 Mar 2013 - This was how long i had a valid residence visa in Qatar however in between i had gone to India to study for 5 years while i had kept my visa active in Qatar as i was on fathers sponsorship. Do i put that information of being in India in my permanent address also? because it will overlap the period of Qatar PCC and i cannot do anything to alter the dates. They rejected my application last month because the PCC dates were not matching the permanent address dates :(
If you were in India for 5 years that would definitely come in address history. Also, address history is needed only for past 10 years not sure why you are going as far back as 1986.

Joeyzen

Nov 3, 2020
If you were in India for 5 years that would definitely come in address history. Also, address history is needed only for past 10 years not sure why you are going as far back as 1986.
Exactly my point i put my last 10 address history and because the PCC from Qatar says 1986 - 2013 and i put my address from the last 10 years IRCC rejected my profile as incomplete information. while i had a valid visa in Qatar i went to India for 5 years for higher studies and returned to Qatar It is so confusing what exactly they need. Since i had a valid visa in Qatar from 1986 to 2013 obviously they will put the same dates as my visa was valid.

dfriend01

Feb 4, 2020
Hey Guys,

In the last 10 years, I lived in 4 countries. One for travel purpose (short term) and 3 for work. Here's how

I left Country 1 on X date
Lived in Country 2 for XX days (15 days for travel)
Moved to Country 3 on Y date

If I do not mention Country 2, there will be 15 days of gap in my address history.

Shall I mention country 2??

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hey Guys,

In the last 10 years, I lived in 4 countries. One for travel purpose (short term) and 3 for work. Here's how

I left Country 1 on X date
Lived in Country 2 for XX days (15 days for travel)
Moved to Country 3 on Y date

If I do not mention Country 2, there will be 15 days of gap in my address history.

Shall I mention country 2??
country 2 goes in travel history not in address history

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hey guys!

If I moved out from one address in Canada in May 01, lived in airbnb, travelled home and move to new house in the same city in Canada in 20 May, but I changed my mailing address only 01, June (I wasn’t sure that I will stay there before).

Should I show new address as May (physically moved in) or June (changed address)?

Thank you!

thundabolt_

Oct 30, 2020
Hello Guys,
Please just a quick question, if the most part of last ten years was spent being a student, do I include the address of the university(we al had to live on campus) alongside my own parents address?

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Not at all. PCC is for the entire country. No documents will be needed for travel history/multiple addresses within the same country.
HEY brother,

if somebody has lived lets say in 2 houses in one year, in the same city same location, same province, same country, do we still mention them individually or just list start to end? Merci

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hi,
When you say province do you mean Canada? Did you update your addresses in your driving license? If yes, it makes sense to mention each one.
Yes canada only. I mean the addres were not updated anywhere. Maybe some applications had the address so that could be used for listing in the form but what about the others. Many of them cant be recalled and have no means to find out the names. We were thinking we could mention various cities and various rentals.

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
OK, as far as I know - it doesn't need to be accurate - And I think for Canada they will pull one federal criminal report. But then why take chance- add as many addresses as possible. Even if it is not exactly like apartment number of house numbers, it is ok (just mention road and area type). You will fell really bad if they put it into review because you didn't add one address.
Brother for putting everything. Do you think if somebody faced a heated conversation with a rcmp and that address is there in th file (not criminality but not a good convo with the rcmp). What needs to be done in that case. I mean putting all addresses is fine but so amny addresses could lead to a mixed feelings.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Brother for putting everything. Do you think if somebody faced a heated conversation with a rcmp and that address is there in th file (not criminality but not a good convo with the rcmp). What needs to be done in that case. I mean putting all addresses is fine but so amny addresses could lead to a mixed feelings.
Now that is something I can't comment on. But if it is not a criminal offense, you shouldn't have to worry about it. I think for this you should consult some immigration lawyer, like book a half-hour session and clear this.

FernandoDoan

Jul 22, 2022
Do people from Service Canada (where you get your sin number) or car insurance agency keeping your old addresses? I worry that ircc will ask for documents for those adresses

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

I moved to Canada right when Covid-19 was declared a pandemic - March 2020.

Hence I stayed in a hotel for 14 consecutive days
After that - I stayed at another hotel for a few more days
After that at a friend's place for close to 2 months, before moving into apt A
I didn't like apt A and hence stayed there for only close to 3 months and moved out to another apartment B
Apartment B is where I have been for over 2+ years now

All the above are in the same city. I am listing all the above addresses. Would that be okay?

Thank you in advance.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hi all,

I moved to Canada right when Covid-19 was declared a pandemic - March 2020.

Hence I stayed in a hotel for 14 consecutive days
After that - I stayed at another hotel for a few more days
After that at a friend's place for close to 2 months, before moving into apt A
I didn't like apt A and hence stayed there for only close to 3 months and moved out to another apartment B
Apartment B is where I have been for over 2+ years now

All the above are in the same city. I am listing all the above addresses. Would that be okay?

Thank you in advance.
Yes... List all the stay and you are good to go

Reactions: krishere1982

TTBR

Star Member
Dec 15, 2022
Could you please advise the best approach in the following situation.
I'm in the long trip right now with 8 countries visited in the last 6 months. At some countries I stayed just for a few days, at some - for 2 months with a few return arrivals to that country. What is the best approach to list it in the address / travel history?
1) keep the address in the home country as the only one and list all visited countries in travel history only?
2) track all addresses during the trip? but they were not really permanent.. hotels, friends flats, etc.
3) track addresses partially for stays longer than 2-3 weeks? but in this case what should be listed in between them, since there should be no gaps?