+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address history question

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Dear All,

i have a question about address history on my ITA and would appreciate honest answers. Actually, my applicaton has already been cancelled once due to a mismatch in NOC.

background - i also had the same problem like a lot of people applying from Qatar. i was here on a business visit visa from jan 2009 till Oct 2009 when my work permit was issued.

In my first application, i had entered my address history as from jan 2009 till date but this was cancelled by cic because my PCC stated i did not have a criminal record from oct 2009 till date.

The question now is what do i enter in my address history (specially because CIC wants 10 years of continuous history).

To add problems, i was transferred from UAE to Qatar in Deceber 2009 and my work visa for UAE was cancelled in March 2009.

Only good thing is there are no dates mentioned in my UAE PCC.

I plan to enter this period (jan 2009 - Oct 2009) as a visit to Qatar and my address in India (which i was living when i was going back). Would this be a correct approach?

Thanks.
Nishant.

ja_jamal

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
NOC Code......
I plan to enter this period (jan 2009 - Oct 2009) as a visit to Qatar and my address in India (which i was living when i was going back). Would this be a correct approach?

Thanks.
Nishant.
Yes, it is a common problem. You need to talk to the Qatar authorities and find a way to get the PCC from Jan 2009. Minimum get a proof that you have requested from Jan 2009 and a response from them that they can't issue from Jan 2009. Check with the people who did this already. You can't enter that period with an address in India.

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
Yes, it is a common problem. You need to talk to the Qatar authorities and find a way to get the PCC from Jan 2009. Minimum get a proof that you have requested from Jan 2009 and a response from them that they can't issue from Jan 2009. Check with the people who did this already. You can't enter that period with an address in India.
Thanks.