+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address History Continuity

seemefree

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
I have a query regarding the continuity and more so the "reliability" of this continuity when filling in the address history. I moved to Europe in Aug 2013 and started studying here.

Aug 2013 to June 2014 - I lived in a hostel (Europe) - Hostel contract ended in June 2014
June 2014 - Aug 2014 - Holiday back home (India)
Aug 2014 - June 2015 - I lived in an apartment (Europe) - Apartment contract ended in June 2015
June 2015 - Aug 2015 - Holiday back home (India)

In Education history and Personal history though, it will state :
-Education history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - European University (conflicts with address history - 1 month in India each year)
-Personal history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - Studying

My question is, seeing that I was a student in Europe during that period should I mention :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2014 - Hostel, Address A (Even though contract expired in June 2014?)
Aug 2014 - Aug 2015 - Apartment, Address B (Even through contract expired in June 2015?)

and include travel to India in travel history? Because if it shows 1 month away in the address history as India, I believe it could be seen as conflicting with the claim that I was studying in Europe continuously (with continuous address history in Europe), right?

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks a lot in advance!

oc23

May 9, 2018
I have a query regarding the continuity and more so the "reliability" of this continuity when filling in the address history. I moved to Europe in Aug 2013 and started studying here.

Aug 2013 to June 2014 - I lived in a hostel (Europe) - Hostel contract ended in June 2014
June 2014 - Aug 2014 - Holiday back home (India)
Aug 2014 - June 2015 - I lived in an apartment (Europe) - Apartment contract ended in June 2015
June 2015 - Aug 2015 - Holiday back home (India)

In Education history and Personal history though, it will state :
-Education history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - European University (conflicts with address history - 1 month in India each year)
-Personal history :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2015 - Studying

My question is, seeing that I was a student in Europe during that period should I mention :
Aug 2013 - Aug 2014 - Hostel, Address A (Even though contract expired in June 2014?)
Aug 2014 - Aug 2015 - Apartment, Address B (Even through contract expired in June 2015?)

and include travel to India in travel history? Because if it shows 1 month away in the address history as India, I believe it could be seen as conflicting with the claim that I was studying in Europe continuously (with continuous address history in Europe), right?

Please point me in the right direction! Thanks a lot in advance!

Hey, I am in a much similar situation now. considering you post is from last year, I am assuming you must have crossed this phase. could you kindly advice in this matter. how did you mention your addresses? is it required to mention all of them? your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Hey, I am in a much similar situation now. considering you post is from last year, I am assuming you must have crossed this phase. could you kindly advice in this matter. how did you mention your addresses? is it required to mention all of them? your help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Interested in seeing this response as I am in a similar position

Selene123

Jan 9, 2019
Interested in seeing this response as I am in a similar position
Hello,

Bumping the thread as I have a similar issue and would be grateful to hear how you handled this in your application.
I also have an address change to home country for 3 months during my studies (summer break). Should there be a separate entry for this break in Personal History or will an explanation in the LoE suffice?

Please help, I'm on a deadline to submit this week.

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Hello,

Bumping the thread as I have a similar issue and would be grateful to hear how you handled this in your application.
I also have an address change to home country for 3 months during my studies (summer break). Should there be a separate entry for this break in Personal History or will an explanation in the LoE suffice?

Please help, I'm on a deadline to submit this week.
Hi there,

I included my address in home country when I left school dorm for summer break. Didn't do it for Christmas bread since it was just for 2 weeks

Selene123

Jan 9, 2019
Hi there,

I included my address in home country when I left school dorm for summer break. Didn't do it for Christmas bread since it was just for 2 weeks
Thank you very much for the response. Just to clarify - did you break up the Education activity in your Personal History to account for the break or left it as a continuous entry?

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Thank you very much for the response. Just to clarify - did you break up the Education activity in your Personal History to account for the break or left it as a continuous entry?
You're welcome. I left the education as continuous since even though I wasn't physically attending classes over the summer I was still an enrolled student.

Selene123

Jan 9, 2019
You're welcome. I left the education as continuous since even though I wasn't physically attending classes over the summer I was still an enrolled student.
Yes, that seems most sensible to me, too. Did you offer any clarification or a note for this or just submitted the forms with the address/education entries as they were?

niashaalyssa

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
Yes, that seems most sensible to me, too. Did you offer any clarification or a note for this or just submitted the forms with the address/education entries as they were?
Yes, I included a small paragraph in my LOE explaining that since I was staying in my country for 4 months each summer I included it in the address history.

Reactions: Selene123