+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address changed

dnt4554

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Guys I was hoping you could help with this.

I am currently residing in another province for school. So, I had two different addresses. My home address is the province where I am domiciled (drivers license, health, student loan) and my current address is where I am going to school.

I submitted my app on Jan 16. It showed up in eCAS on Mar 7th. Yesterday my received line disappeared and today i noticed that both my addresses are now set to my temporary address!!

Im not sure what to do or if this will affect my app? All my ids and stuff are from my home province. Should I call CIC and ask them to changw it back?

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. When you communicate with the government, normally you refer to only one address (where you reside).
2. You should definitely inform CIC (and other government institutions) of your actual address.
3. Even if you tell them your new address, the CIC is known to send documents to old addresses. So being you, I would also pay for mail forwarding from all possible locations to your actual address.

dnt4554

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
taleodor said:
1. When you communicate with the government, normally you refer to only one address (where you reside).
2. You should definitely inform CIC (and other government institutions) of your actual address.
3. Even if you tell them your new address, the CIC is known to send documents to old addresses. So being you, I would also pay for mail forwarding from all possible locations to your actual address.
1. Well, I reside in one province for school but i am not considered a resident of this province (it's how the system works for out of province students). I gave CIC my home address and my current address so they have both.

2. CIC has my actual address. However they just changed my home address to my current address which isnt correct. And i wont have any paper work for my current address (student)

3. That's alright because like I said my home address is my home which means someone is living there and my current address is where i am living temporarily for school.

The problem is that CIC set both my addresses to my current address. Initially they had it correct i.e. different home and current address. I am wondering if this will create problems because i dont have any paperwork for my current address, no drivers licence or health card cor my current address. Everytjing is liked to my home address because i am an out of province student.

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you are certain that you're collecting all mail, this won't create any problems with CIC.