08-01-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-02-2014
Dear folks,

my situation is following: I live in Toronto since I came to Canada and recently I applied for citizenship. I am November application and I have not received AOR yet.

I am self-employed and in last days, new opportunities showed up. For that reason, I consider moving to Montreal for a project that will last at least from January to end of March 2018. I am planing to stay in hostel during that period of time. Then, perhaps I will stay in Montreal and find "regular" apartment, or return to Ontario (this is important, - to the current address place), or I may go to Europe for a couple of months before returning either to Quebec or Ontario - I am not sure yet.

To my understanding, province change after applying should not have any impact on my application, but I am afraid it may rise some question and I am not sure what to do. I do not want to end up being non-routine applicant.

The problem that I am having is following:
I have no problems with receiving mail on my address in Toronto now and in the future. But I will not have a problem to receive mail in address in Quebec, as long as I am NOT there. Most likely, if I move out from Montreal in March 2018, I will not be able to get regular mail. If I update my address to Montreal, firstly it will be hostel address, so I don't know how it will impact my application, secondly, my file will be transferred to Quebec province. Then, if I go Europe, I won't be able to get mail from Montreal, and if I go back to Toronto, I will provide my current address, so it may look suspiciously (?) and my file might be transferred to Ontario again.

To make it easier to understand I will put the address history here:
Jan 2014 - Jan 2018: Toronto (applied for citizenship in Nov 2017)
Jan 2018 - March 2018: Montreal
after march 2018: either Montreal or Toronto, with potential a couple of months break to Europe

Once I will be in Quebec, I am planing to join free part time french classes, so I will have to provide my current address from Quebec to Quebec government. So, theoretically, government will know that I do not reside in Toronto. Obviously, I do not want to lie and do anything that will put my application in risk of refusal.

My stay in Montreal for this project at this moment seems to be temporary. Same thing apply to my stay at hostel in Montreal. However, it may turn to be permanent change. I do not know that now. My question is following: what do you advice me to do with address update? Any ideas?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
my 2 cents in this situation( i am in similar boat). your trip and temporary stay (to be permanent) has no effect on the application(duration of application processing depends on location). The only condition is - you should be able to get the letters mailed to you for the AOR, test invite and Oath Invite. test//oath address is only on those letters.

AND You should be available for the Test/Interview and for the Oath at the location of residence(whichever is on the application/ECAS) on those dates.

Dear folks,
My question is following: what do you advice me to do with address update? Any ideas?