+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Address and work history

tausifaibani

Apr 9, 2018
Hello Experts,

I landed in Canada as PR in 2018 and now I am applying for Canadian citizenship as I completed physical presence criteria of 1095 days(3 years). However, while filling the form online I was confused with address and work history requirement. The website says I have to provide address and work history for 5 year eligibility period. As per my understanding, my eligibility period started the day I landed in Canada as PR. With that in mind, I have to provide address and work history only for last 3 years or I still have to provide address history for last 5 years even if I was outside canada before I landed here as a PR?

Please help!!!

Thank you.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Experts,

I landed in Canada as PR in 2018 and now I am applying for Canadian citizenship as I completed physical presence criteria of 1095 days(3 years). However, while filling the form online I was confused with address and work history requirement. The website says I have to provide address and work history for 5 year eligibility period. As per my understanding, my eligibility period started the day I landed in Canada as PR. With that in mind, I have to provide address and work history only for last 3 years or I still have to provide address history for last 5 years even if I was outside canada before I landed here as a PR?

Please help!!!

Thank you.
Consider the last 5 years, even before becoming PR.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Experts,

Please help!!!

Thank you.
eligibility is 1095 days within 5 years. So if you are signing/submitting the application today, the system factors years accordingly. That is why you have to mention your address and work history for this 5 yr period

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
With that in mind, I have to provide address and work history only for last 3 years or I still have to provide address history for last 5 years even if I was outside canada before I landed here as a PR?
As other have said, you have to provide the history for all 5 years.

This comes from the one of the eligibility criteria for citizenship which requires you to be present in Canada for at least 3 years out of the past 5 years. That total 5 year period is called the "eligibility period". It doesn't matter if you had any connection to Canada during all of that period or not, they want to see your history for all 5 years.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram