+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional reference letter from same job beneficial for PR CEC application?

sonnenstern

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Hi all,

I am planning to apply under the CEC class and I will be getting a formal reference letter by my employer for proof of employment, which states everything they want to see that I have worked for two years (start date, end date, hrs, salary, job duties, noc class etc etc). However I would also be able to get an additional endorsement letter by my supervisor (academic job = boss) which would be more like a reference letter in the classical way. Is this letter beneficial at all or could it complicate things, say they would mix it up with my reference letter and complain about not having every detail of my contract length in it as well.

I heard mixed things. A friend who applied said that it could only be positive. But I also think, if they find anything unusual they could take it as a basis to reject me.

Would be great to hear your opinions!

Cheers (and good luck to all who apply as well).

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Here's my take and taking the viewpoint of the Visa Officer:

Why would you complicate things when a simpler solution is enough? For someone who's going through hundreds of applications day-in and day-out, it's a waste of valuable time (read: no value/redundant) which the officer could have spent on reading through relevant documents for you or other applicants.

BTW, the 2nd reference letter could be a good document for a closed WP application (I did send such types during my WP process)

simrankaur003

Sep 2, 2013
CIC never asks for a sugarcoated reference letter to say that you are a good employee and that you are an asset to the company or that the supervisor is happy with your work etc... they see the commercial aspect of it.. (like have you worked there, how many hours, duties etc.)

There is no reason to "overdo" somthing... Though he wont reject you for providing additional letter, he wont process it faster too...

My advise is to avoid it .,, keep it simple, keep it straight...!!