File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For the 2nd bullet point, does the one year full time experience for the employer has to be in Canada? I have been working for the employer for many years and I recently moved to Canada on ICT visa for the same employer.

Thanks.

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Yes - the one year of full time experience must be in Canada with that employer. Those who move to Canada on an ICT must wait a year before they qualify for the 50 points.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
This is an extremely common question that has been answered on this forum repeatedly. Since you are on an ICT and no LMIA was required, you can only claim the 50 points once you have worked for your employer in Canada for a full year. Once you reach that full year, you can claim the 50 points without an LMIA.

This requirement is clearly outlined here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
I meet the first 2 criteria. Problem for me is showing one year job offer post PR. My company will not provide any such letter. Only way I can proof that is to submit my extension letter. Do you think that without that I can claim it. From my company I can provide a letter stating that I am full time employee. My current job offer letter showing job will Aug 14 2020. Do you think that it’s sufficient to claim 50 points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I meet the first 2 criteria. Problem for me is showing one year job offer post PR. My company will not provide any such letter. Only way I can proof that is to submit my extension letter. Do you think that without that I can claim it. From my company I can provide a letter stating that I am full time employee. My current job offer letter showing job will Aug 14 2020. Do you think that it’s sufficient to claim 50 points.
I would wait for other replies. I'm not sure the extension letter is good enough - especially given that Aug 2020 is less than a year for now.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello Experts,
I have same situation -

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

==> what about the last point? is it risky if we claim with JOB offer left or for 6 months, an employer is not ready to give offer more than 1 year after PR.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Experts,
I have same situation -

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

==> what about the last point? is it risky if we claim with JOB offer left or for 6 months, an employer is not ready to give offer more than 1 year after PR.
You won't get the points.

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Yes - the one year of full time experience must be in Canada with that employer. Those who move to Canada on an ICT must wait a year before they qualify for the 50 points.
Hi there! If you don't mind me asking,
  1. Does the letter specifically have to state that the offer is 'for at least 1-year' or can we say the offer is for an 'indeterminate' period?
  2. Does the applicant also have to sign the offer? -Indicating that the offer has been accepted?
Thank you!

JoyForPR

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
AOR Received.
14-02-2019
Please do not take that risk. My husband was a full time employee in Canada too, and he claimed that 50 points (but Valid for 1 year was NOT mentioned in the offer letter), our application was REFUSED after 8 months....reason - that statement was not mentioned in the offer letter and we claimed 50 points

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Please do not take that risk. My husband was a full time employee in Canada too, and he claimed that 50 points (but Valid for 1 year was NOT mentioned in the offer letter), our application was REFUSED after 8 months....reason - that statement was not mentioned in the offer letter and we claimed 50 points
Agreed. 99% refusals are there because of missing some of these keywords:
'Full-time Permanent', 'for an indeterminate period of time', 'for at-least 1 year'

Also, there should absolutely be no mention of an END DATE in the job offer letter.

Reactions: JoyForPR

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
Hi I am on ICT visa and have worked in Canada for 1 year, If I need to claim 50 points should I get a new offer letter or employment letter specifically stating "1 year of employment after getting PR"

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
I had already already applied for PR and AOR was September 3,

If somehow I can get a letter like that from HR can I upload this to my PR application via web form?

Noorville

Aug 15, 2020
I had already already applied for PR and AOR was September 3,

If somehow I can get a letter like that from HR can I upload this to my PR application via web form?
hi @bourne5144` : What did you end up doing? I am in same situation as you. My offer letter simply states I am a full-time regular employee. Did you get a new offer letter? What did you end up submitting? Did you get your PR?

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
hi @bourne5144` : What did you end up doing? I am in same situation as you. My offer letter simply states I am a full-time regular employee. Did you get a new offer letter? What did you end up submitting? Did you get your PR?
I got another letter from my employer stating my job was permanent position with indefinite duration, and submitted it as a web form request, got PR after that

Reactions: Noorville

Noorville

Aug 15, 2020
I got another letter from my employer stating my job was permanent position with indefinite duration, and submitted it as a web form request, got PR after that
Thanks for your response. I’ll request my HR to provide that as well and see what they say. You submitted your original (1 year old) offer letter at time of e-APR right?