Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Hi All, hope you guys had a great weekend! And I wish you all a great week ahead!. I have a question for our experts and experienced members here. When can one expect to hear from vO if at all we are required to do any additional medical tests? Or is it some other office who contacts the applicants? I shall appreciate it if you could please share the details of the medical process starting from visiting the doctor to getting the results analyzed. Thank you in advance

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
All medical files are sent to a Regional Medical Office.

When you do an up front medical exam (only spouse, common law and conjugal partner category can do that) at the approved panel physician in your area ( see http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx for more info), the results are sent to the CIC Health Branch and not the VO.

In my case, I did the medical 1 month before sending the application ( 15 Oct) and 9 days later (24 Oct) I received a letter from the CIC Health Branch to go back to the doctor for further tests (they gave me 90 days to comply). I didn't even have a client number, my medical file couldn't be matched to an application because my application was still at home. So what they did, was to assign me a temporary UCI number just for the process of the medical. The medical exam is in a way separated from this, as in the fact that it is being processed on its own and the decision is entered in a data base which the VO can access. The VO does not make decisions on your medical file, only the CIC doctors at the Health Branch. The letter I received was sent by the High Commission of Canada in UK, Health Branch, which is the general office if you don't have a VO yet (like in my case, cause my application wasn't filed).

I went to see the doctor where I previously completed the medical exam, the doctor accessed my file electronically (it's called an eMedical) and she could read there what further tests CIC wanted. She did the tests (I had to pay for them) and the results were filed in my electronic medical file. Never heard from them since. In the meantime, I filed my application where I included the proof of my medical exam (which I got the first time I went to see the doctor) and now I guess CIC will match my file to the medical exam once they start processing it.

This is the letter:

Dear..............

This refers to your application for permanent residence/temporary residence in Canada.

Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another eMedical enabled Panel Physician. The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

You have 90 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

Please quote your IME number on all correspondence with this office.

Sincerely,
Health Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
London

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Thank you so much for the details. I really appreciate your effort in taking out time and sharing your experience. This really helped clear my doubts. Thanks again :)

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Hi,

I've applied for Quebec investor program. Recently, I received a remedical request on 29th March 2014 via email. I gave my tests after two weeks. Then, I received 'further medical tests' letter via post on 29th April 2014. It took me 56 days to sort out all the 5 tests which were requested by CIC Health Branch. which I have given on 23rd June 2014.

Does anyone knows how long it takes for file to proceed to next step after completion of 'further medical tests' letter?

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
XpressEnterprise said:
Hi,

I've applied for Quebec investor program. Recently, I received a remedical request on 29th March 2014 via email. I gave my tests after two weeks. Then, I received 'further medical tests' letter via post on 29th April 2014. It took me 56 days to sort out all the 5 tests which were requested by CIC Health Branch. which I have given on 23rd June 2014.

Does anyone knows how long it takes for file to proceed to next step after completion of 'further medical tests' letter?
In my case, I completed the "further medical tests" on January 15, and according to my GCMS notes they were assessed on January 24 by the Health Branch. It all depends when the panel physician sent in your results, but it shouldn't take too long.

If I were you, I would order GCMS notes to check if you passed the further medical tests or not.

XpressEnterprise

May 21, 2014
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, PK (old)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2008
Doc's Request.
21-02-2012
Nomination.....
13-07-2007 (Investor)
AOR Received.
19-08-2008
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
20-04-2011 (London, UK)
Med's Request
29-08-2012 / 29-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-10-2012 / 20-06-2014
Interview........
01-12-2010 (Damascus, Syria)
Passport Req..
21-02-2012 (PPR1) / 15-10-2014 (PPR1 with chart) / 17-11-2014 (PPR2)
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2014 (Received on 01-01-2015)
LANDED..........
12-04-2015 (PR Card : 09-07-2015)
Avadava said:
In my case, I completed the "further medical tests" on January 15, and according to my GCMS notes they were assessed on January 24 by the Health Branch. It all depends when the panel physician sent in your results, but it shouldn't take too long.

If I were you, I would order GCMS notes to check if you passed the further medical tests or not.
I've ordered GCMS on 10th June 2014. And my further tests were conducted on 23th June 2014. So, I think I'll have to order GCMS notes again.

nikulpatel411

Apr 24, 2017
All medical files are sent to a Regional Medical Office.

When you do an up front medical exam (only spouse, common law and conjugal partner category can do that) at the approved panel physician in your area ( see http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx for more info), the results are sent to the CIC Health Branch and not the VO.

In my case, I did the medical 1 month before sending the application ( 15 Oct) and 9 days later (24 Oct) I received a letter from the CIC Health Branch to go back to the doctor for further tests (they gave me 90 days to comply). I didn't even have a client number, my medical file couldn't be matched to an application because my application was still at home. So what they did, was to assign me a temporary UCI number just for the process of the medical. The medical exam is in a way separated from this, as in the fact that it is being processed on its own and the decision is entered in a data base which the VO can access. The VO does not make decisions on your medical file, only the CIC doctors at the Health Branch. The letter I received was sent by the High Commission of Canada in UK, Health Branch, which is the general office if you don't have a VO yet (like in my case, cause my application wasn't filed).

I went to see the doctor where I previously completed the medical exam, the doctor accessed my file electronically (it's called an eMedical) and she could read there what further tests CIC wanted. She did the tests (I had to pay for them) and the results were filed in my electronic medical file. Never heard from them since. In the meantime, I filed my application where I included the proof of my medical exam (which I got the first time I went to see the doctor) and now I guess CIC will match my file to the medical exam once they start processing it.

This is the letter:

Dear..............

This refers to your application for permanent residence/temporary residence in Canada.

Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached. Details have been sent to your eMedical file regarding the medical information required. Please return to see the Panel Physician who performed your immigration medical examination or to another eMedical enabled Panel Physician. The Panel Physician will arrange for the additional medical tests to be carried out and will forward the results directly to this office.

You have 90 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

Please quote your IME number on all correspondence with this office.

Sincerely,
Health Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
London

HI,
I have received same request today by Delhi Immigration. So, could you please tell me what test they did.?

ankitvm

Sep 3, 2018
Hi Nikul,

Even I received a letter today and wanted to know as what additional tests were requested? Please let me know.

Hope you must have got the ppr by now. Thanks!
HI,
I have received same request today by Delhi Immigration. So, could you please tell me what test they did.?