+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Medical Tests for Wife

gauravkumarraghav

Nov 18, 2011
Hi All,

I had applied for TWP at CHC New Delhi alongwith TRV for my wife and my daughter.
We have undergone Medicals on 20 Janaury 2012.
My wife's chest x-ray showed some slight scars although she has no history of TB.

Yesterday, I received email from my attorney in Canada stating this:

"The Medical results are processed. You and your daughter have passed the medical requests, but your wife is going to be asked to complete an additional medical request. It looks like they are asking for an additional chest x-ray but they need to wait a period of time before the second x-ray can be completed. As such they seem to be holding the request until such time as the new test can be undertaken. "

I know repeat x-ray cannot be done before 3 months to confirm that it is actually not TB.
So CHC can only send additional medical request only after 20 April 2012.
However is it that sputum tests are not required for my wife?
Because sputum tests take 6-8 weeks and should be started now.

Also is it possible that i get the TWP for myself and TRV for my daughter right away?
I know we need toi wait for anotehr 2 months before something happens on my wife TRV.

Thanks
Gaurav

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gauravkumarraghav said:
Hi All,

I had applied for TWP at CHC New Delhi alongwith TRV for my wife and my daughter.
We have undergone Medicals on 20 Janaury 2012.
My wife's chest x-ray showed some slight scars although she has no history of TB.

Yesterday, I received email from my attorney in Canada stating this:

"The Medical results are processed. You and your daughter have passed the medical requests, but your wife is going to be asked to complete an additional medical request. It looks like they are asking for an additional chest x-ray but they need to wait a period of time before the second x-ray can be completed. As such they seem to be holding the request until such time as the new test can be undertaken. "

I know repeat x-ray cannot be done before 3 months to confirm that it is actually not TB.
So CHC can only send additional medical request only after 20 April 2012.
However is it that sputum tests are not required for my wife?
Because sputum tests take 6-8 weeks and should be started now.

Also is it possible that i get the TWP for myself and TRV for my daughter right away?
I know we need toi wait for anotehr 2 months before something happens on my wife TRV.

Thanks
Gaurav
Nope, if your wife is inadmissible, then all are inadmissible.

gauravkumarraghav

Nov 18, 2011
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the clarification.
On the Additional Medical test front, is the sputum test optional i.e. case by case.

Repeat chest x-ray with a gap of 3 months sufficient to prove no TB.
As my wife has no history of TB.

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Kumar Raghav

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hi PMM,

Even if the principal is only applying for TWP? Can the officer not approve the principal applicant (the OP, if everything is okay) and maybe wait for the approval (refusal, as the case maybe) for the dependents?

PMM said:
Hi

Nope, if your wife is inadmissible, then all are inadmissible.

gauravkumarraghav

Nov 18, 2011
Hi All,

Today i received alerts stating that all 3 passports (mine, my wife and my daughter's) have been released by the High Commission.
I know my wife passport will come with additonal medical request with both sputum tests and chest x-ray.
However I am not sure whats the status of my & my duaghter's passport.

Hopefully the Visa is given.
Fingers crossed.

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Kumar Raghav

gauravkumarraghav

Nov 18, 2011
Hi all,

I received my passports today.
PMM was right.
CHC New delhi has asked her to undergo a list of tests to prove that she has no TB.
And me and my daughter have been advised to submit our passport aling with my wife passport after the tests.

The sputum tests are to be done in Hyderabad/Chennai.
I am really frustrated.

I have decided not to pursue this opportunity to go to Canada.

Adios. :)

Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Kumar Raghav

D

Daniel_Daniel

Hi Gaurav, did your wife undergo the additional medicals suggested by CHC, New Delhi?