+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Medical test requested after initial upfront medical exam

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello,
We have received email from MHB(Migration Health Branch) requesting to contact Doctor who performed initial medical exam as they wasn't to get more testes done for my spouse.
Additional requested tests: Sputum and TB culture. We have 60 days to comply as per the email
We are in process of arranging documents as per ITA checklist which is due end of July.
I called same Doctor who did our initial medical exam and he is asking me to find out nearby facilities who can do these tests for my spouse.
Issue:
1) As per email/letter from MHB, doctor is suppose to order requested tests for us. Instead he is asking me to get it done and send him results. Regardless, in USA one must have doctors order(letter) to perform any test, but now I am not sure how this will work. (Forgot to mention this doctor is located in neighboring state, 200 miles away)
Lets say, If I get this tests done and submit results by myself to doctor, so that he can upload it on eMedical system. Will this be ok? Any thoughts?

2) Sputum and TB culture test takes up to 8 weeks to get results. But the email says I have 60 days to comply with the requested test. Now technically I will not be able to get this test done in 60 days as the test have not yet started. Any thoughts?

3) The number on email is Canada toll free number which for some reason I am not able to call from USA. (1-888-242-2100). I wish to contact them to get clarification on timeline. I cannot reply the email as it says in email that do not respond to this message. Any thoughts on how to contact them?

THRISHI

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Hello,
We have received email from MHB(Migration Health Branch) requesting to contact Doctor who performed initial medical exam as they wasn't to get more testes done for my spouse.
Additional requested tests: Sputum and TB culture. We have 60 days to comply as per the email
We are in process of arranging documents as per ITA checklist which is due end of July.
I called same Doctor who did our initial medical exam and he is asking me to find out nearby facilities who can do these tests for my spouse.
Issue:
1) As per email/letter from MHB, doctor is suppose to order requested tests for us. Instead he is asking me to get it done and send him results. Regardless, in USA one must have doctors order(letter) to perform any test, but now I am not sure how this will work. (Forgot to mention this doctor is located in neighboring state, 200 miles away)
Lets say, If I get this tests done and submit results by myself to doctor, so that he can upload it on eMedical system. Will this be ok? Any thoughts?

2) Sputum and TB culture test takes up to 8 weeks to get results. But the email says I have 60 days to comply with the requested test. Now technically I will not be able to get this test done in 60 days as the test have not yet started. Any thoughts?

3) The number on email is Canada toll free number which for some reason I am not able to call from USA. (1-888-242-2100). I wish to contact them to get clarification on timeline. I cannot reply the email as it says in email that do not respond to this message. Any thoughts on how to contact them?
Please try posting on this thread
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-447#post-7057741

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
For no 2, you can request more time explaining the situation and uploading your lab appointment confirmation. They will give you an extension provided you show proof that you have done your best.

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,
Issue:

I received the request for additional med. Test as well after up-front medicals were sent by panel physician. At that time I hadn't applied yet. However, before doing additional exam I applied for PR and received AOR. Later I did those tests and my panel physician uploaded to IRCC.
What should I do in this case?
Should I sent the recent e-medicals via mail to that medical office of IRCC or wait till IRCC asks for updated e-medicals to be sent to them?
Any ideas?

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Well, I would wait for Canada immigration officer to get back as the requested tests have been uploaded by panel physician. Also once you have received AOR, you can check status on your application. It would say MEP (medical exam passed) status if results are ok.
When did you get AOR and when did you label physician uploaded your additional test results?
Based on current processing time it takes about 15-20 days for AOR to MEP
In our case they asked to get the additional tests if we didn’t have old X-rays. So we submitted old X-rays. Still waiting on our status to say MEP

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I would wait for Canada immigration officer to get back as the requested tests have been uploaded by panel physician. Also once you have received AOR, you can check status on your application. It would say MEP (medical exam passed) status if results are ok.
When did you get AOR and when did you label physician uploaded your additional test results?
Based on current processing time it takes about 15-20 days for AOR to MEP
In our case they asked to get the additional tests if we didn’t have old X-rays. So we submitted old X-rays. Still waiting on our status to say MEP
First of all, thanks for response:)
I got additional test request on 13 July. I applied and received AOR on 22 July. I took additional test on 24 July and my panel physician uploaded it on 25 July.
Are you sure I should not answer(send new medical report) to the mail received from IRCC medical office.

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
Hello,
Issue:

It is ok you to arrange your test as panel physician told you .once you complete the test I do not know how in The Us but you may take analysis report and send to your panel physisacn via e-mailed or mail your panel physician will tell you how to send him the results. Later, he will upload your your result to the system and give you the report which in your case you should upload when you apply for PR.

Reactions: Sun2shine

Sun2shine

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
First of all, thanks for response:)
I got additional test request on 13 July. I applied and received AOR on 22 July. I took additional test on 24 July and my panel physician uploaded it on 25 July.
Are you sure I should not answer(send new medical report) to the mail received from IRCC medical office.
The email I got said that do not respond to this email. If the email you receive can be responded then just go ahead and reply that your panel physician uploaded additional test results on 25th July. And also your AOR date is 22nd july.
Personally, I don’t think there will be an issue because it’s just 2 days gap between AOR and New medical results. I would not worry much about this. You are in good shape.
What does your online status say?

Outworld

Star Member
Oct 25, 2017
The email I got said that do not respond to this email. If the email you receive can be responded then just go ahead and reply that your panel physician uploaded additional test results on 25th July. And also your AOR date is 22nd july.
Personally, I don’t think there will be an issue because it’s just 2 days gap between AOR and New medical results. I would not worry much about this. You are in good shape.
What does your online status say?
They are reviewing eligibility
For medicals it is stated I don't need medicals at this moment they will inform me if it changes

qwertycs

Jun 17, 2016
Hi,
MHC is asking for old x-rays but the doctor said he can't upload those to e-medical. Please guide how I could share my old x-rays and reports?

Taps1976

Oct 31, 2019
Hi, my husband got IGRA tested positive. Now is going for sputum smears and culture test.
What happened if is positive or negative. Usually from my country most people we react on skin test. Please if you have any idea.
Thank you

Reactions: Engineer43

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello,
Issue:

Hi Can you please tell me where did you get your Sputum culture test done in USA? and how much time does it takes to get the results?
Please respond, as I am in the similar situation and I am not getting any clarity where to get the test done?

Taps1976

Oct 31, 2019
Hi sorry dear, My husband was able to do everything in Africa. I don’t know where to do it USA but you can google panel physicians they have them everywhere.
Now don’t panic you have 90 days automatically to submit.

Thank you

Taps1976

Oct 31, 2019
Hi Can you please tell me where did you get your Sputum culture test done in USA? and how much time does it takes to get the results?
Please respond, as I am in the similar situation and I am not getting any clarity where to get the test done?
Results six weeks to 8 weeks