+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information

saurabhmkj

Nov 16, 2014
Hi Guys,
Recently I got married and hence notified CIC to add my spouse details to my application. They asked me to submit many documents, one of them being "Additional Family Information".
This asks for the Names and other details of Applicant, Spouse, Mother & Father.

My question is, While filling this form should I keep my name as Applicant and give the names of my mother and father OR it will be for my Spouse and her mother and father's name to be mentioned?

Need urgent reply.

GoHaPPyCaN

May 16, 2016
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 19th
Doc's Request.
May 2nd
Nomination.....
Cancelled
AOR Received.
April 20th
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
May 10th
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
September 28th
VISA ISSUED...
October 6th
LANDED..........
Already in CaNaDa !
If it says that this form has to be fill by the main applicant, then you write down the name of your parents. Good luck.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
saurabhmkj said:
Hi Guys,
Recently I got married and hence notified CIC to add my spouse details to my application. They asked me to submit many documents, one of them being "Additional Family Information".
This asks for the Names and other details of Applicant, Spouse, Mother & Father.

My question is, While filling this form should I keep my name as Applicant and give the names of my mother and father OR it will be for my Spouse and her mother and father's name to be mentioned?
If you are adding your spouse to your application, then the Additional Family Information form is one of the required documents that your spouse has to complete, to provide information on her family.

Sometimes they also ask the Principal Applicant to update their own forms, but to be clear, your Spouse definitely needs to complete this form.

SusanSimon

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2017
Doc's Request.
14-09-2017
Nomination.....
None
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon. Hopefully
VISA ISSUED...
Soon. Hopefully.
LANDED..........
Soon. Hopefully.
saurabhmkj said:
Hi Guys,

Need urgent reply.

Both of you have to fill this out separately. You have to fill the form as the applicant and include your family details and ur spouse has to fill another form as the applicant including your wife's family details. Hope this helps.
All the best!

Batuhan1988

Mar 12, 2017
I put my wife's name as spouse to my family information and she put my name as spouse to her family information.

Please tell us about your immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

My question is I included my wife in the application as a non-accompanying spouse which means I don't need to put her into my family information according to the underlined sentence. I'm confused that should I remove my spouse from my family information since she is in the application as non-accompanying spouse.

May 24, 2019
I put my wife's name as spouse to my family information and she put my name as spouse to her family information.

Please tell us about your immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.

My question is I included my wife in the application as a non-accompanying spouse which means I don't need to put her into my family information according to the underlined sentence. I'm confused that should I remove my spouse from my family information since she is in the application as non-accompanying spouse.
Hi @Batuhan1988 - what we need to mention when spouse is not accompanying? Do we need to mention my spouse name here for this question along with my parents and siblings information? Please advise.