+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Family Information, need suggestions please

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Hello Folks,
How is everything? I am new in this forum. One of my friends is applying to CEC on July 2014. He has a question about additional family information form, like when he came from home country as a student he didn't show all of his brothers and sisters name.

He was told by a person not to show his all brother's and sister's name. Then he will have less chances to get student visa.

""He has his own brother lives in Canada but he didn't show his brother's name under his family information.He has his name under his brothers family information.""

If he doesn't show his brother's name when he will apply under CEC , is there any chances to disclose that?

What is your suggestions ? What he should do now ?

Thank you in advance
Please help him !!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is a big misrepresentation. You should consult with a very good immigration lawyer to find out what to do next.

Yes - there's certainly a chance CIC might catch this when they are processing your CEC application. If you are caught, the application will be refused and you will be banned from Canada for two years.

Even if this lie isn't caugh during the processing of your CEC application, it could be caught later (e.g. during citizenship processing) and result in the loss of your PR status.

It was a very very big mistake to lie about your family in your original student visa application. You have now put yourself in a situation where there is no easy or good answer regarding what you should do next. Again, I would consult with a very good immigration lawyer.