+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional EE profile as CEC while ongoing PR application

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
@legalfalcon

Needed your advice.

I have an PNP PR application which is under process. So far the application has not moved forward and stuck at Etobicoke for 3 qtrs now.

Wanted your opinion and legal possibility of creating another profile to get ITA on CEC. I have completed 2 years CEC experience and considering the CEC application is taking priority and moving quickly now.

Pls. Advise

Reactions: Princess2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Needed your advice.

I have an PNP PR application which is under process. So far the application has not moved forward and stuck at Etobicoke for 3 qtrs now.

Wanted your opinion and legal possibility of creating another profile to get ITA on CEC. I have completed 2 years CEC experience and considering the CEC application is taking priority and moving quickly now.

Pls. Advise
It is not true that CEC is being processed faster. If your eligibility for the current application is passed, it is just a matter of time before you get a PPR.

You can surely create a new profile and enter the pool. However, you will have to wait for an ITA, then apply and pay the fee again. You may end up waiting for the same time. I am not sure what your AoR is, but you can compare and see if spending all the time and resources again is worth it.

Reactions: Princess2020

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
It is not true that CEC is being processed faster. If your eligibility for the current application is passed, it is just a matter of time before you get a PPR.

You can surely create a new profile and enter the pool. However, you will have to wait for an ITA, then apply and pay the fee again. You may end up waiting for the same time. I am not sure what your AoR is, but you can compare and see if spending all the time and resources again is worth it.
@legalfalcon

My eligibility is not yet started.

Below are my status :

Below is the current status.

Eligibility - Not started
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Info sharing - In Progress.

Last status was MEP done and R10 was done. Only comment in GCMS notes is Recommendation : Review Required - Pending outstanding PC & Stat Questions

So far my file is not opened since Nov 17th , basically my file was moved to Etobicoke with request of RCMP. RCMP was shared but confirmed by IRCC. However, they have not reviewed or for that matter my file is not touched since then.

I don't know when they will open and how long it will take to process.

The purpose of CEC is since they are prioritizing and we see Jan or Feb cases are getting approval, I feel it is better to take chance and apply another application.

I know it will take additional fee and take more time for me on paperwork, but I don't know if CEC is processed much quicker since the border is closed and chances of me getting ITA is high.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My eligibility is not yet started.

Below are my status :

Below is the current status.

Eligibility - Not started
Security - Not Started
Criminality - In Progress
Info sharing - In Progress.

Last status was MEP done and R10 was done. Only comment in GCMS notes is Recommendation : Review Required - Pending outstanding PC & Stat Questions

So far my file is not opened since Nov 17th , basically my file was moved to Etobicoke with request of RCMP. RCMP was shared but confirmed by IRCC. However, they have not reviewed or for that matter my file is not touched since then.

I don't know when they will open and how long it will take to process.

The purpose of CEC is since they are prioritizing and we see Jan or Feb cases are getting approval, I feel it is better to take chance and apply another application.

I know it will take additional fee and take more time for me on paperwork, but I don't know if CEC is processed much quicker since the border is closed and chances of me getting ITA is high.
IRCC has not released any data. Although the IRCC website shows that they are processing CEC application, but just by filing a CEC application would not mean it would be processed faster than your existing application. It is on a case by case basis, and other applicants are continuing to receive approvals and decision on their application.

Reactions: kgrajiv

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
IRCC has not released any data. Although the IRCC website shows that they are processing CEC application, but just by filing a CEC application would not mean it would be processed faster than your existing application. It is on a case by case basis, and other applicants are continuing to receive approvals and decision on their application.
@legalfalcon

Here is what the data I have seen in public media so far on processing in 2021. I do not have the numbers for 2020. I agree it may be picked up in few months but it is really need now as my IELTS and Medical may get expired and want to apply before that.

Total processed 2021 - 18430 - CEC, 3670 - PNP.

However, I just want to reconfirm will there by any issue in case if I apply on CEC and two PR applications can go in parallel? If yes, can I indicate the old application is PNP based EE. Please confirm esp. any rejection or hold on ongoing case or not processing of new case as it is 2nd application for PR by same person?

Mostly If I submit another profile, I may bet picked in next draw.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Here is what the data I have seen in public media so far on processing in 2021. I do not have the numbers for 2020. I agree it may be picked up in few months but it is really need now as my IELTS and Medical may get expired and want to apply before that.

Total processed 2021 - 18430 - CEC, 3670 - PNP.

However, I just want to reconfirm will there by any issue in case if I apply on CEC and two PR applications can go in parallel? If yes, can I indicate the old application is PNP based EE. Please confirm esp. any rejection or hold on ongoing case or not processing of new case as it is 2nd application for PR by same person?

Mostly If I submit another profile, I may bet picked in next draw.
There is nothing that bars you from filing multiple applications. Also, you do not have to inform that you already have an application in progress, which will be available to IRCC on their FOSS and GCMS.

Currently there is no policy, or at least nothing that I have come across wherein IRCC has clarified how they will process if an applicant filed more than one application.

The only guidance that is available is in the manual for citizenship applications, which states:

Policy
CIC has an obligation to avoid duplication of work or unnecessary costs in the processing of an application. Unless a client specifically requests CIC to process two or more applications at the same time, all applications will be held by CIC until processing on the initial application is completed. Applicants are encouraged to submit new applications only if they have new facts or evidence.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?fbclid=IwAR1NFbcL7ycG9sVVVDs9wexS84ZK6D4I9SnuCODufNTchEbFggwBry-yRYU

Reactions: Twee

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
There is nothing that bars you from filing multiple applications. Also, you do not have to inform that you already have an application in progress, which will be available to IRCC on their FOSS and GCMS.

Currently there is no policy, or at least nothing that I have come across wherein IRCC has clarified how they will process if an applicant filed more than one application.

The only guidance that is available is in the manual for citizenship applications, which states:

Policy
CIC has an obligation to avoid duplication of work or unnecessary costs in the processing of an application. Unless a client specifically requests CIC to process two or more applications at the same time, all applications will be held by CIC until processing on the initial application is completed. Applicants are encouraged to submit new applications only if they have new facts or evidence.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html?fbclid=IwAR1NFbcL7ycG9sVVVDs9wexS84ZK6D4I9SnuCODufNTchEbFggwBry-yRYU
Thanks @legalfalcon

I will give it a try and created the profile. Just received the CEC ITA in this draw. One fact which will be different this time is I have completed 2 years CEC in Canada, so hopefully employment verification is easier considering I spent tax paying job in Canada for 2 years now.

One question I have in the ITA is I am claiming 50 points for Job Offer as mine is a Intra company Transfer from US to Canada and my job is permanent but on WP right now.

To my surprise on the ITA , they have indicated 50 points in points calculator

Other
Your score is based on factors such as a job offer, a nomination from a province or territory, siblings, French language skills and post-secondary Canadian education.

Other
CriteriaScore
CRS - Arranged Employment50
Provincial/Territorial Nomination0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling0
CRS - Canadian education0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism0

Where as under Detail about Profile section the Valid Job Offer shows up below: Is it normal?

Province/territory of nomination Help - Province/territory of nomination
  • We have not received a nomination by a province or territory at this time. We will send you a message if you are nominated.
Valid job offer Help - Valid job offer
  • Not applicable.
Nominating province/territory Help - Nominating province/territory
  • Not Applicable

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
dear @legalfalcon
I am a PNP applicant waiting for more than 27 months since AOR. Is it possible to lodge a new EE profile by my wife as a principal applicant? any impact on the existing PR application for that? thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dear @legalfalcon
I am a PNP applicant waiting for more than 27 months since AOR. Is it possible to lodge a new EE profile by my wife as a principal applicant? any impact on the existing PR application for that? thanks
You can surely submit a new application with a different PA. It will have no impact on the processing of your current application. However, in the new application you will have to disclose that you have applied to IRCC before and also your UCI numbers.

Reactions: Princes2020

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
You can surely submit a new application with a different PA. It will have no impact on the processing of your current application. However, in the new application you will have to disclose that you have applied to IRCC before and also your UCI numbers.
Thanks @legalfalcon

In that case, Can I change NOC of my wife or myself? or Maintain the previous NOC as mentioned in 1st application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon

In that case, Can I change NOC of my wife or myself? or Maintain the previous NOC as mentioned in 1st application.

All applications should be consistent. If you did not claim points for a work experience in your previous application, you can surely change the NOC. If you do change the NOC, make sure you mention it in LoE and provide an explanation.

Reactions: immig95

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
All applications should be consistent. If you did not claim points for a work experience in your previous application, you can surely change the NOC. If you do change the NOC, make sure you mention it in LoE and provide an explanation.
Thank you. It has been a great help.

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon,

My application's AOR is April, 2019. From CBSA notes, I found a mistake while filling out the marriage date on the IMM008enu form during submitted it to CIC. A CBSA note mentioned that I mentioned XX-XX-2019 instead of XX-XX-2014 on one occasion. In My Marriage certificate, the marriage date is mentioned XX-XX-2014. I mentioned the date correctly in other places such as, on the IMM008enu form when I submitted for a provincial nomination and on my wife's profile. The SGVO assigned me an interview for the issue. Now I'm now waiting for an interview for 2 years.

In this case, Should I sand a webform to clarify the issue and request for an interview waiver? Pls, give me advice on the issue. Thank you for your time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

My application's AOR is April, 2019. From CBSA notes, I found a mistake while filling out the marriage date on the IMM008enu form during submitted it to CIC. A CBSA note mentioned that I mentioned XX-XX-2019 instead of XX-XX-2014 on one occasion. In My Marriage certificate, the marriage date is mentioned XX-XX-2014. I mentioned the date correctly in other places such as, on the IMM008enu form when I submitted for a provincial nomination and on my wife's profile. The SGVO assigned me an interview for the issue. Now I'm now waiting for an interview for 2 years.

In this case, Should I sand a webform to clarify the issue and request for an interview waiver? Pls, give me advice on the issue. Thank you for your time.
You cannot get an interview waiver. You can send a web form and clarify, but if the officer is of the opinion that you have to be interviewed, you will be.

Reactions: immig95

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
You cannot get an interview waiver. You can send a web form and clarify, but if the officer is of the opinion that you have to be interviewed, you will be.
Thank you very much.
Can I mention in the webform that I raised CBSA notes and get the reasons to assign "interview" from the CBSA document?