+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents Required - Help Needed

gino1001

Mar 7, 2019
Hey Folks,

I've read threads on asking for additional documents but here's a letter that i got in my inbox today. And i don't know how to proceed.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 5053xxxx - Gino Castello:
 Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/07

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

Question A]
Does this mean that:-
  1. I have to send my original passports to the VO? ...or...
  2. Do I have to upload copies of the passport again to the MyCIC account?
    • I have already all pages in my passport when sending my application and I dont know why they are asking for it again.
Question B]
I have visa stamps on my passport that are in Turkish and Russian language. Are they asking for these visas to be translated to English/French? They could not be possibly asking for translated visas, would they? I have at least 7 visa stamps in a language which is not English/French

Question C]
The only reason i can think of is that, I travelled to Turkey 3 months after submitting my application. Is that why they might be asking for the documents?

Lilac616

Jul 11, 2018
Hi there,
I hope you've been able to find the answer to the questions and you've got your PR by now. I received kind of the same email today and it say: Please send a copy of a passport that currently has a validity date beyond 3 months. Your visa cannot be issued until receipt of the requested copy of a valid passport. So, because my passport expires soon, I am changing my passport now. Can you please let me know about your experience? What did you do? Did you send them a copy of your passport? I don't see anywhere in my account to upload my new passport copies. What did you do? Thanks!
Hey Folks,

I've read threads on asking for additional documents but here's a letter that i got in my inbox today. And i don't know how to proceed.

Thank you for your interest in Canada.
We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
 5053xxxx - Gino Castello:
 Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 2019/04/07

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account.

If we do not receive the information/documents within 30 days, your application will be assessed based on the information we have on file, meaning your application could be refused as incomplete.

Please note that documents in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by English or French translations by certified translators. Please provide original documents when requested. Copies signed by notaries cannot be accepted.

Question A]
Does this mean that:-
  1. I have to send my original passports to the VO? ...or...
  2. Do I have to upload copies of the passport again to the MyCIC account?
    • I have already all pages in my passport when sending my application and I dont know why they are asking for it again.
Question B]
I have visa stamps on my passport that are in Turkish and Russian language. Are they asking for these visas to be translated to English/French? They could not be possibly asking for translated visas, would they? I have at least 7 visa stamps in a language which is not English/French

Question C]
The only reason i can think of is that, I travelled to Turkey 3 months after submitting my application. Is that why they might be asking for the documents?