+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents Request

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Hey guys. If I applied for the visa and after several days I've got the message to send some additional documents (not required documents on the check list, just additional), does this mean anything?
I mean if they wanted to refuse, the would do it right away, without asking for additional information, wouldn't they? Thanks.

Askani

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Quebec, Montreal
Visa Office......
Pakistan, Karachi
yumirdci said:
Hey guys. If I applied for the visa and after several days I've got the message to send some additional documents (not required documents on the check list, just additional), does this mean anything?
I mean if they wanted to refuse, the would do it right away, without asking for additional information, wouldn't they? Thanks.
Yes you are absolutely right. Your chances are increased now and provide your additional documents without any delay.

jamnam

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
LANDED..........
23-04-2019
Hi,

My situation is the same. I applied and after several days, I was asking to submit Police certificate? Does this mean i stand a good chance at being approved?

Kim1001

Oct 12, 2015
Hi, A Police Certificate is actually apart of the checklist, you are just not looking at the one that has this along with you academic certificates request.

I submitted my document on Monday Oct 13th. Today my husband got a call that he needs to pay a open work holder fee (CAD $100). I was also wondering if the chances of him getting through has been increased with them requesting this additional payment. Would they actually ask us to pay more money then turn us down? I hope not. I applied for a study permit and my husband applied for an open work permit.

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Kim1001 said:
Hi, A Police Certificate is actually apart of the checklist, you are just not looking at the one that has this along with you academic certificates request.

I submitted my document on Monday Oct 13th. Today my husband got a call that he needs to pay a open work holder fee (CAD $100). I was also wondering if the chances of him getting through has been increased with them requesting this additional payment. Would they actually ask us to pay more money then turn us down? I hope not. I applied for a study permit and my husband applied for an open work permit.
Paying 100 CAD for an open work permit is a mandatory thing. You should have done this prior to sending the application

yumirdci

Sep 9, 2014
Kim1001 said:
This is not the open work permit fee this is a holder fee for open work permit
There is no open work permit fee at all. There is a work permit fee. But the CIC introduced additional fee for those who apply for an OWP in February 2015.
Read at the bottom of the page http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2015-02-09.asp

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Paying 100 CAD for an open work permit is a mandatory thing. You should have done this prior to sending the application
Would you know how to proceed if this was paid after submitting the application? How should I send them this payment receipt?

Palakpatel104

Apr 16, 2019
Hy what type of additional document request you get because i also just got update that ircc has send an envelope for additional document request but currently envelope is in transit so don't know what they are asking for but can u tell me that what type of additional document they tell you to submit?

Jeanipie16

Oct 11, 2018
Hi,

I came upon this thread. I was also asked to submit additional document - police certificate. I would like to ask if after submitting, did you guys get approved?

THank you

Palakpatel104

Apr 16, 2019
That means they believe that you have almost all document but still they are not fully convinced by your provided documents so they just want to make sure about everything and most probably its a positive response because if they want to refuse they refuse directly