+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional documents request - different deadlines?

ShivayO7

Jun 20, 2017
Hi there,

Well your situation is different if I understand correctly. As the person said above, applicants are supposed to have all documents (exceptions for PCCs that require a letter from IRCC to be obtained) in hand before applying. In this case, I would advise you to consult on the Legalfalcon thread, he could share his expert views.

Or maybe I didn't understand your question well?
Hey buddy please tell me which legalfalcon thread yor are talking about.just guide me through that thread.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
Hi all

I already posted about this earlier but the problem is slightly different.

I received an additional document request, basically to upload 3 police certificates.

For two of them, the deadline is 29 August 2017, which is fine, I have them ready. However, for the other one (Singapore, which requires a request letter from IRCC and process is pretty long), the deadline is 22nd October 2017.

I have already uploaded the two first police certificates in the corresponding placeholders. The last one, I do not have it yet and IRCC gave me the time to obtain it.

My problem: after uploading the two police certificates, the status of the placeholders changed to "document uploaded, not submitted to IRCC". In my understanding, if I want to meet the August 29 deadline and submit both police certificates to IRCC, I have to click "next" at the bottom right of the page, which leads me to the "PR documents checklist" and my signature.

If I proceed to submit the final application without the last police certificate, I assume my application will be rejected because would be incomplete. However, if I don't submit it before August 29, IRCC might say I did not respect the deadline to submit two out of 3 documents.

What to do?

Appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks
matt
Dudu get pr

ashwin.metpalli

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Yes years ago
Hi Matt,

Thank you for sharing the information. My brother is currently in a similar boat where he was asked to submit his wife's documents by May 31st 2022. All the documents will be ready by then except PCC from India. All the document upload placholders have the same due-date of May 31st but the PCC will be received by only by June first week (though we're trying to get it beforehand), What do you recommed for him?

1. Upload whatever he has and submit by May 31st and mention in it that the PCC will be submitted using a webform shortly.
2. Wait for the deadline to pass and get PCC all at once (not sure whether the document upload button will still be enabled)
3. Wait for deadline to pass and use a webform (in case the document upload gets greyed out)

Your advice would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi Matt,

Thank you for sharing the information. My brother is currently in a similar boat where he was asked to submit his wife's documents by May 31st 2022. All the documents will be ready by then except PCC from India. All the document upload placholders have the same due-date of May 31st but the PCC will be received by only by June first week (though we're trying to get it beforehand), What do you recommed for him?

1. Upload whatever he has and submit by May 31st and mention in it that the PCC will be submitted using a webform shortly.
2. Wait for the deadline to pass and get PCC all at once (not sure whether the document upload button will still be enabled)
3. Wait for deadline to pass and use a webform (in case the document upload gets greyed out)

Your advice would really be appreciated. Thank you in advance
I wish I could help but that was 4 years ago, unfortunately I can't remember the process well. At that time there was a thread from Legalfalcon, who gave a lot of valuable advice. I would ask on this thread if it's stil on. Sorry for not being able to help and good luck.

tydeninioluwa

Oct 2, 2021
Hi all

I already posted about this earlier but the problem is slightly different.

I received an additional document request, basically to upload 3 police certificates.

For two of them, the deadline is 29 August 2017, which is fine, I have them ready. However, for the other one (Singapore, which requires a request letter from IRCC and process is pretty long), the deadline is 22nd October 2017.

I have already uploaded the two first police certificates in the corresponding placeholders. The last one, I do not have it yet and IRCC gave me the time to obtain it.

My problem: after uploading the two police certificates, the status of the placeholders changed to "document uploaded, not submitted to IRCC". In my understanding, if I want to meet the August 29 deadline and submit both police certificates to IRCC, I have to click "next" at the bottom right of the page, which leads me to the "PR documents checklist" and my signature.

If I proceed to submit the final application without the last police certificate, I assume my application will be rejected because would be incomplete. However, if I don't submit it before August 29, IRCC might say I did not respect the deadline to submit two out of 3 documents.

What to do?

Appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks
matt
they're so stupid to figure out how their own system works!!

azadamit2011

Sep 30, 2020
Hi,
I was in same situation where I had different deadlines for different ADRs. After much thought, I just took the risk to submit the application with just one document uploaded for which the deadline was close.
Fortunately, for me also the upload buttons for other documents were still available.
:)