+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional documents request - different deadlines?

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi all

I already posted about this earlier but the problem is slightly different.

I received an additional document request, basically to upload 3 police certificates.

For two of them, the deadline is 29 August 2017, which is fine, I have them ready. However, for the other one (Singapore, which requires a request letter from IRCC and process is pretty long), the deadline is 22nd October 2017.

I have already uploaded the two first police certificates in the corresponding placeholders. The last one, I do not have it yet and IRCC gave me the time to obtain it.

My problem: after uploading the two police certificates, the status of the placeholders changed to "document uploaded, not submitted to IRCC". In my understanding, if I want to meet the August 29 deadline and submit both police certificates to IRCC, I have to click "next" at the bottom right of the page, which leads me to the "PR documents checklist" and my signature.

If I proceed to submit the final application without the last police certificate, I assume my application will be rejected because would be incomplete. However, if I don't submit it before August 29, IRCC might say I did not respect the deadline to submit two out of 3 documents.

What to do?

Appreciate any advice you may have.

Thanks
matt

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
I can't speak from experience, but if CIC gave you a deadline of October 22 for the 3rd PCC, I'd like to think they would honor it. In the meantime, I would submit the 2 PCCs with the August 29 deadline along with a letter in the same document explaining that you are working toward providing the 3rd PCC by October 22 as requested, and will send it to them as soon as you have it. Include a copy of the email/letter they sent you with the October 22 deadline (in case they need to be reminded :) ), and also upload evidence that you've applied for the 3rd PCC.

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I can't speak from experience, but if CIC gave you a deadline of October 22 for the 3rd PCC, I'd like to think they would honor it. In the meantime, I would submit the 2 PCCs with the August 29 deadline along with a letter in the same document explaining that you are working toward providing the 3rd PCC by October 22 as requested, and will send it to them as soon as you have it. Include a copy of the email/letter they sent you with the October 22 deadline (in case they need to be reminded :) ), and also upload evidence that you've applied for the 3rd PCC.
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

This is also what I would like to do, however I am not sure I will still be able to upload the last PCC, if I submit my application now. Apparently, the only way to submit the last PCC would be through CSE/webform.

But that sounds pretty risky to me.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

This is also what I would like to do, however I am not sure I will still be able to upload the last PCC, if I submit my application now. Apparently, the only way to submit the last PCC would be through CSE/webform.

But that sounds pretty risky to me.
It could be a bit risky...Have you tried contacting your visa office or CIC to ask them how you should proceed? I think I've seen a few posts in this forum where persons were able to successfully reach out to them...usually via email, I think...

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
It could be a bit risky...Have you tried contacting your visa office or CIC to ask them how you should proceed? I think I've seen a few posts in this forum where persons were able to successfully reach out to them...usually via email, I think...
My deadline submission is in a few days, I think it's pretty short in time. Well a few people advised me the same thing, I guess it's the solution that makes most sense.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
You need to call them, they're so stupid to figure out how their own system works!!

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

I received an additional document request, basically to upload 3 police certificates.

For two of them, the deadline is 29 August 2017, which is fine, I have them ready. However, for the other one (Singapore, which requires a request letter from IRCC and process is pretty long), the deadline is 22nd October 2017.

I have already uploaded the two first police certificates in the corresponding placeholders. The last one, I do not have it yet and IRCC gave me the time to obtain it.

My problem: after uploading the two police certificates, the status of the placeholders changed to "document uploaded, not submitted to IRCC". In my understanding, if I want to meet the August 29 deadline and submit both police certificates to IRCC, I have to click "next" at the bottom right of the page, which leads me to the "PR documents checklist" and my signature.

If I proceed to submit the final application without the last police certificate, I assume my application will be rejected because would be incomplete. However, if I don't submit it before August 29, IRCC might say I did not respect the deadline to submit two out of 3 documents.

What to do?

Thanks
matt
My deadline submission is in a few days, I think it's pretty short in time. Well a few people advised me the same thing, I guess it's the solution that makes most sense.
I was in the exact position and it totally stressed me out. Got requests to upload PCCs with due date in October, then a few days later got an additional request for financial info and taxes with a deadline 1 week away (today's date to be exact)!Lucky for me the PCC request was already in process and by a miracle I got them yesterday and was able to upload all of the various requested docs yesterday. It is baffling how Applicants can be put in such crazy situations without any guidance. Like Crescent_jam suggested you should try to contact CIC for some advice. If you don't get a satisfactory answer try not to let the earlier due date pass without submitting whatever you can along with explanations and evidence that you have initiated the process to acquire the remaining docs that are due at a later date.

Good luck!

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
I was in the exact position and it totally stressed me out. Got requests to upload PCCs with due date in October, then a few days later got an additional request for financial info and taxes with a deadline 1 week away (today's date to be exact)!Lucky for me the PCC request was already in process and by a miracle I got them yesterday and was able to upload all of the various requested docs yesterday. It is baffling how Applicants can be put in such crazy situations without any guidance. Like Crescent_jam suggested you should try to contact CIC for some advice. If you don't get a satisfactory answer try not to let the earlier due date pass without submitting whatever you can along with explanations and evidence that you have initiated the process to acquire the remaining docs that are due at a later date.

Good luck!
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Maybe I will tell what happened to me, it could help other people.

> We have uploaded the police certificates which deadlines were the nearest and decided to submit the application, leaving the last placeholder blank.

> We joined a LOE in placeholder #1 explaining the issue and saying that in case the button to upload the last required document (further deadline) disappears, we have no other choice than submitting it by CSE/webform.

> In the end, the button did not disappear, so we still have the option to upload the last batch of document required by IRCC.

In any cases, I'm glad we were cautious and enclosed a LOE to prevent from any potential issues.

Reactions: jazzyapd

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

> We have uploaded the police certificates which deadlines were the nearest and decided to submit the application, leaving the last placeholder blank.

> We joined a LOE in placeholder #1 explaining the issue and saying that in case the button to upload the last required document (further deadline) disappears, we have no other choice than submitting it by CSE/webform.

> In the end, the button did not disappear, so we still have the option to upload the last batch of document required by IRCC.

In any cases, I'm glad we were cautious and enclosed a LOE to prevent from any potential issues.
That's great news! Yes this will definitely help others so thanks for sharing. Glad it worked out nicely for you mattjp.

Reactions: mattjp1

Robis

Nov 1, 2017
Hi all

What to do?

Thanks
matt

Hello Matt,

I find myself in the exact same predicament.
Can you pl. let me know what you did and how it panned out for you.

Cheers!

Robin

jazzyapd

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Matt,

I find myself in the exact same predicament.
Can you pl. let me know what you did and how it panned out for you.

Cheers!

Robin

Hi Robis,
Check Matt’s post in this same thread on Aug 29th @ 5:34am. He explained how it worked out for him there.

Reactions: mattjp1

ShivayO7

Jun 20, 2017

Hey I having the same situation where I need to submit my wife's wes report by 16th November, but wes report will generate on 21st November. So I am also plannin to submit LOE by today. So please let me know it will help? And can you submit me loe format.

doverraja

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Singapore
App. Filed.......
28-11-2017
Doc's Request.
12-12-2017
Hey I having the same situation where I need to submit my wife's wes report by 16th November, but wes report will generate on 21st November. So I am also plannin to submit LOE by today. So please let me know it will help? And can you submit me loe format.
you should not have applied before receiving the Wes report

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi there,

Well your situation is different if I understand correctly. As the person said above, applicants are supposed to have all documents (exceptions for PCCs that require a letter from IRCC to be obtained) in hand before applying. In this case, I would advise you to consult on the Legalfalcon thread, he could share his expert views.

Or maybe I didn't understand your question well?