+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Additional Documents: Fingerprint send to the FBI in the USA - PLEASE HELP

HighPark

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

Today I received email requesting fingerprint and I have to send it to the FBI since I spent some time in the USA. This is the email I received:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
As you resided in the USA for a number of years, you must have a complete set of fingerprints taken at your local police station or at an accredited private fingerprinting agency. These should be taken on an FBI standard fingerprint form (FD-258).

Ø These fingerprints must be sent to the FBI office in the USA for a Criminal Background Check. For more information about how to be fingerprinted and where to send the fingerprint form, please consult the following website

Please note:
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 90 days from the date of this letter. Please quote your complete application number on your correspondence and address your correspondence to the address indicated below.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Please can someone explain me where can I take that fingerprint in Toronto and is this going to delay my application?

Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
HighPark said:
Please can someone explain me where can I take that fingerprint in Toronto

Google it ("fingerprinting Toronto" works), there are many and only you know which is convenient to your location. They may have the FBI card, but you are also permitted to print it on plain paper and use that -
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/standard-fingerprint-form-fd-258

and is this going to delay my application?

Possibly. For the benefit of others, this delay could have been avoided if you had followed CIC instructions and submitted it with your application. A PCC is required from every country you have ever lived in for at least 6 months since the age of 18 (not including Canada).