Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Hi all, after 9 months of wait I finally hear from my visa office and they are asking me to submit photos from few of occasions and trips we made. Since the pictures got deleted by mistake from the camera from one of our trips we have no photos for that. I clearly explained it in my application before with other evidences. They are askng for it again! What could be the reason for asking the same thing again. We went through our application carefully before submitting it and explaining all potential problems we could see. Since I don't have any photos I don't understand what to submit. I'm collecting some supporting documents though. They are also asking for death certificate. Their letter just says "death certificate" I don't know whose. This is first marriage for both of us and as far as I know this is not relevant to my case. Please share you experience and knowledge here. I shall really appreciate it.

Few more questions. Will ADR delay my application? What are the chances of interview after this? Looking forward to your valuable comments.

Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jasminexyz said:
Hi all, after 9 months of wait I finally hear from my visa office and they are asking me to submit photos from few of occasions and trips we made. Since we lost our camera on one of our trips we have no photos for that. I clearly explained it in my application before with other evidences. They are askng for it again! What could be the reason for asking the same thing again. We went through our application carefully before submitting it and explaining all potential problems we could see. Since I don't have any photos I don't understand what to submit. I'm collecting some supporting documents though. They are also asking for death certificate. Their letter just says "death certificate" I don't know whose. This is first marriage for both of us and as far as I know this is not relevant to my case. Please share you experience and knowledge here. I shall really appreciate it.

Few more questions. Will ADR delay my application? What are the chances of interview after this? Looking forward to your valuable comments.

Thanks
IMHO, they are questioning your relationship so you should prepare for an interview if you cannot provide the additional proof that they are requesting.

Good luck!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jasminexyz said:

Thanks
are any of the additional family members on the applicant's form deceased (like a parent or sibling)? if so, perhaps they want proof, since that information is used for future sponsorship eligibility.

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
are any of the additional family members on the applicant's form deceased (like a parent or sibling)? if so, perhaps they want proof, since that information is used for future sponsorship eligibility.
No one!

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
jasminexyz said:
Perhaps they mean birth certificate. These are standard emails they send, with just a few words that separate a letter you would get and one i would get. They have a list of words to input into sentence, probably chose wrong word.

I would resend birth certificates, and wedding certificate with a note, "no one is deceased, unable to provide death certificate".

As for the other thing, gather any supporting documents, even a diary, plane tickets, receipts, credit card statemnts, medical insurance, any proof of that trip/s. You could even call hotels see if they can resend bill/ receipt. Or take a picture of something you bought there now sitting in your home. Remember they want to know that a reasonable person would consider the fact you were both on that trip together. Prove it any way you can.
Good luck.

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Koifish76 said:
Perhaps they mean birth certificate. These are standard emails they send, with just a few words that separate a letter you would get and one i would get. They have a list of words to input into sentence, probably chose wrong word.

I would resend birth certificates, and wedding certificate with a note, "no one is deceased, unable to provide death certificate".

As for the other thing, gather any supporting documents, even a diary, plane tickets, receipts, credit card statemnts, medical insurance, any proof of that trip/s. You could even call hotels see if they can resend bill/ receipt. Or take a picture of something you bought there now sitting in your home. Remember they want to know that a reasonable person would consider the fact you were both on that trip together. Prove it any way you can.
Good luck.
Thanks for your suggestion. You mean send original wedding certificate? I sent my birth certificate already and a copy of wedding certificate

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
With death certificate, they said they sent me a request for it earlier also but i received nothing from them. Could that be a mistake on their part?

Koifish76

May 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014 (ECAS)
Doc's Request.
IMM5540 29-04-2014, Intent to return 18-08-2014, PCC 26-08-2014
File Transfer...
Same day as SA. 15-07-2014
Med's Done....
Nov.4,2013
Passport Req..
9/24/2014(email)...same day IP
VISA ISSUED...
10/13/2014
LANDED..........
Oct.20, 2014!
jasminexyz said:
With death certificate, they said they sent me a request for it earlier also but i received nothing from them. Could that be a mistake on their part?
Ok, you mentioned in an old post your mother in law passed? This is probably who the death certificate is for. Each officer is different and has their own reasons for requesting documents. I can't imagine why they are asking for it, but I can assume they have discovered on their security and to a lesser extent background and criminal check, they possibly discovered this family member passing.
Sorry I did not understand, thought you said no one has died, but maybe you just meant no one died before application. And I understand why you would think it is not neccesary to notify officer of a death after application in process.

jasminexyz

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st August 2013
Doc's Request.
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
19th September 2013
File Transfer...
19th September 2013
Med's Request
Medical extended!
Med's Done....
16 August 2013
Interview........
03-09-2014
Passport Req..
11 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24th October 2014
LANDED..........
17-12-2014
Koifish76 said:
Ok, you mentioned in an old post your mother in law passed? This is probably who the death certificate is for. Each officer is different and has their own reasons for requesting documents. I can't imagine why they are asking for it, but I can assume they have discovered on their security and to a lesser extent background and criminal check, they possibly discovered this family member passing.
Sorry I did not understand, thought you said no one has died, but maybe you just meant no one died before application. And I understand why you would think it is not neccesary to notify officer of a death after application in process.
Hey thanks. Yes it's true my mother in law passed away after we submitted the application but CIC was never informed about it (there was no need). My husband was back in home country when he got the letter for his citizenship test so he came back immediately for it and got it done, passed and now he is a citizen. I sti don't see how this is related. I sent them an email in the same day I heard from them. But I know I won't hear back from them for weeks. Going to send what they are asking for and ones I don't have I will explain whether they buy it or not. It's too much of a emotional torture!