+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding your partner to your application after AOR

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
Hi All,

I received AOR on April 29. My application status changed to medical passed on June 21. I am going to get married soon (July 30, court marriage). I had a few queries to ask of you:

My fiance and I are looking to get married in front of the registrar. We are not looking to go for a ritual wedding. Will this affect our application? Do you recommend a ritual wedding, just to be safe?
Will the following documents suffice -- marriage certificate, photos (of the wedding), and joint account proof?
Will my score be recalculated?
How long will it take for PPR post submission of my partner's documents?

Thanks already!

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
They only need is your registered marriage certificate. They are not concerned with any ritual.
If you will include your spouse in your application, ofcourse your score will be recalculated.

No body can predict the time frame of CIC, it will be within 6 months as in most of the cases.

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
I hear mixed opinions there; many people say that adding your partner post AOR does not change points. so I am confused...

Nartus

Star Member
Oct 11, 2016
If I get married after AOR, Should I include or mention that I have a girlfriend on any documents during or before e-APR?

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Hi All,

I received AOR on April 29. My application status changed to medical passed on June 21. I am going to get married soon (July 30, court marriage). I had a few queries to ask of you:

My fiance and I are looking to get married in front of the registrar. We are not looking to go for a ritual wedding. Will this affect our application? Do you recommend a ritual wedding, just to be safe?
Will the following documents suffice -- marriage certificate, photos (of the wedding), and joint account proof?

Thanks already!
Your score wont be calculated if you marry after eAPR. You jst need to inform cic asap and then they will ask for somedocs to add ur spouse in.

Mann3Queen

Jun 27, 2016
No need because cic doesnt care unless you marry
Okay so, I received PPR on July 24. On July 27, my consultant informed CIC that I am engaged to be married (in August). Knowing this, can I get my visa stamped (as a single)? And later, inform CIC when we get married, and wait for their instructions?

Aroonabi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
Okay so, I received PPR on July 24. On July 27, my consultant informed CIC that I am engaged to be married (in August). Knowing this, can I get my visa stamped (as a single)? And later, inform CIC when we get married, and wait for their instructions?
You can send your passport for visa stamping as single. Doesnt matter even if you have informed about your engagement, they will process your application as single until u get married

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Hi All,

Thanks already!
Hi, did you face any issues for not having ritual wedding photos?