+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding wife to PR in process through CEC category

Cokolada

Jan 14, 2014
Hello guys,

Can you please provide me with an answers on the questions for the following situation :

My partner has applied for PR through CEC category.We both currently live together on work permit in Canada.He is in the middle of his PR process and we would like to get married.He applied in August 2013.

1.How long would adding me as his wife to his application prolong his PR process?
2.Would adding me to his process give any reason for immigration to reject his PR application?

Thank you!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Cokolada said:
Hello guys,

Can you please provide me with an answers on the questions for the following situation :

My partner has applied for PR through CEC category.We both currently live together on work permit in Canada.He is in the middle of his PR process and we would like to get married.He applied in August 2013.

1.How long would adding me as his wife to his application prolong his PR process?
2.Would adding me to his process give any reason for immigration to reject his PR application?

Thank you!

If he applied in August 2013, then he is close to receiving the MR from CIC. If he doesn't add you as his spouse
before his application gets finalized you will have to apply under the family class stream, which would take up to
two years for you to become a PR. If you get married and he adds you to his CEC application, you can expect to
become a PR much faster!

1. a couple of weeks probably, as new forms for you have to be submitted and assessed
2. if you don't have a criminal record or are not medically inadmissible, then there should be no reason to worry.