+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding Wife into PR after getting PPR/ passport request

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

I have received PPR for Express entry under FSW on 21 Jun 2016. I got married on May 9 2016. On june 3rd i have used the web form to intimate CIC about change in my maritial status attaching the marriage certificate.

How ever i have received no reply yet, and PPR has come only to me.

Please advise if it is good idea to request adding wife in the process now (is it even doable). or is it better for me to go to canada and apply for dependant visa.

I am confused. please advise.

Cheers!

colasa17

Mar 27, 2014
Its the best way forward. Ask them to add your wife as a accompnying dependant. You will have to resubmit proof of finances to show that you have enough finances to cover your first few months in Canada (Currently $15,143 CAD). Your Wife's file will be added to your application. Your points will not be recalculated.

Even if you don't want to add you wife to your application now , you will still need to submit all her documents , like Medical and PCC and you will still need to show that you have $15,143 .

In conclusion its better to add wife to your application now as once you become Canadian PR it is a long process to bring your dependent over to Canada (and you will have to show CIC that you are making enough money in Canada to support her).

I was in the same situation back in March , it took 2 more months for CIC to process my wife's application. Now we both have CoPR.

Best of Luck !

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colasa17 said:
Its the best way forward. Ask them to add your wife as a accompnying dependant. You will have to resubmit proof of finances to show that you have enough finances to cover your first few months in Canada (Currently $15,143 CAD). Your Wife's file will be added to your application. Your points will not be recalculated.

Even if you don't want to add you wife to your application now , you will still need to submit all her documents , like Medical and PCC and you will still need to show that you have $15,143 .

In conclusion its better to add wife to your application now as once you become Canadian PR it is a long process to bring your dependent over to Canada (and you will have to show CIC that you are making enough money in Canada to support her).

I was in the same situation back in March , it took 2 more months for CIC to process my wife's application. Now we both have CoPR.

Best of Luck !
Thank you.
So you suggest that now while sending my passport i give a cover letter requesting the officer to add my wife also?

colasa17

Mar 27, 2014
I would say don't send you passport now. As this might delay your application further. As if they issue you the CoPR and then they get instructions to add your wife to your application , they will most certainly ask for you passport back to cancel your visa sticker and CoPR.

Basically you application will be processed again but your points will not be recalculated. I know its a pain now , but it would not take more than 2-3 additional months to finalize your application.

colasa17

Mar 27, 2014
Try emailing your request to :

cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I found that the replies to this email are much quicker if you put "Urgent" along with some description in the Subject line.

Regards

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a bunch colasa17

I have raised case specific query detailing my application status and martial status, are you suggesting that i wait for a reply from the CPC before sending the passport? (sounds risky!)

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colasa17 said:
Try emailing your request to :

cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I found that the replies to this email are much quicker if you put "Urgent" along with some description in the Subject line.

Regards
Thank you

naresh2020

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24th July
colasa17 ,

Hope you are doing good.

Exactly I am in the same situation what you have been in the past ...

1. I applied in June 2015 and got the PPR in Feb 16 and COPR and Immg stamping in March 2016 as single..but I did not completed the landing . I got married in Oct 2016.. I informed the same to CIC in March 2016 and they asked my wife PC and Medicals with few forms.. My wife is in canada now as a dependent and my company processed her Dep Visa..

when I gave all my wife documents , exactly on April 11 th 2016 , CIC said, my current Immg visa and COPR as single is invalid and they will give new COPR to my wife and me..

I have been waiting from April 11th 2016 till today for the passport request ..

I sent one email to CPC ottawa where they respond promptly , Note : I do not want to make them irrate by sending emails and asking for status. since in one of my email to them , they responded back saying my Immg Visa and COPR is cancelled and I cannot use it for landing and they are going to give a new Immg visa to me and my wife.

May I know still how long it will take them to complete the process?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
cheiro said:
I have received PPR for Express entry under FSW on 21 Jun 2016. I got married on May 9 2016. On june 3rd i have used the web form to intimate CIC about change in my maritial status attaching the marriage certificate.

Please advise if it is good idea to request adding wife in the process now (is it even doable).

Congratulations on getting married! It is not merely a "good idea" - It is absolutely REQUIRED to add your wife before you land. Your passport request was processed before IRCC updated your file about your change of marital status. Do not send your passport. I know you have already sent a CSE, but you should send another with a copy of the PPR, and request guidance on how to add your wife to your application.

or is it better for me to go to canada and apply for dependant visa.

If you do that, you will not be able to sponsor your wife, and you could lose your PR and be banned for misrepresentation.

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Update ON this scenario

Hey guys Thanks a lot for the guidance. So here's what happened

I called up +1 613 944 4000 call center to ask if CIC had received by update that i have married. The agent confirmed that New Delhi office had sent a note to Ottowa and i should expect an update shortly. As he said i did get a ghost mail and following doccuments have been requested

Documents asked
1. Payment Receipt (required)
2. IMM 0008DEP Add Deps/Dec (required)
3. Additional Family Information (required)
4. Schedule A (required)
5. Travel History Info Form (required)
6. Birth Registration/Certificate (required)
7. Passport (required)
8. Marriage License/Certificate (required)
10. Police Certificates (Multiple) (required)
11. Proof of Relationship (required)
12. Proof of medical exam (required)
13. Letter of explanation

And visa amount
Permanent Resident Application Fee 1 $550 $550
Right Of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) 1 $490 $490
Total Price (CAD)$1040

Funny that they have not asked my wife photograph or Funds proof or her educational or work related document.

I need to submit all by June 30th which is just 6 working days away including Saturday.

Not sure if the documents asked for is just for my spouse or i need to submit my documents also. I have raised a case specific enquiry for the same including asking if my passport request has been put on hold till then.. as it had just 30 days of time.

Good that i have almost all the documents ready for my spouse including PCC just need to get the medicals done and pay the $$$. Hoping and praying they wont ask more funds to be kept for Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Cheers!!

Uchiha Itachi

Mar 21, 2016
naresh2020 said:
colasa17 ,

Hope you are doing good.

Exactly I am in the same situation what you have been in the past ...

1. I applied in June 2015 and got the PPR in Feb 16 and COPR and Immg stamping in March 2016 as single..but I did not completed the landing . I got married in Oct 2016.. I informed the same to CIC in March 2016 and they asked my wife PC and Medicals with few forms.. My wife is in canada now as a dependent and my company processed her Dep Visa..

when I gave all my wife documents , exactly on April 11 th 2016 , CIC said, my current Immg visa and COPR as single is invalid and they will give new COPR to my wife and me..

Naresh, any update on your situation?

I have been waiting from April 11th 2016 till today for the passport request ..

I sent one email to CPC ottawa where they respond promptly , Note : I do not want to make them irrate by sending emails and asking for status. since in one of my email to them , they responded back saying my Immg Visa and COPR is cancelled and I cannot use it for landing and they are going to give a new Immg visa to me and my wife.

May I know still how long it will take them to complete the process?

Thanks

cheiro

Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,

Finally got my PPR yesterday (23-Aug-2016) i will be sending passports tomorrow. Hope to get the stamping done soon.

Normally how long does delhi CIC take for visa stamping?

Cheers!

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
cheiro said:
Hey Guys,

Finally got my PPR yesterday (23-Aug-2016) i will be sending passports tomorrow. Hope to get the stamping done soon.

Normally how long does delhi CIC take for visa stamping?

Cheers!
I received my passport back from NDVO within a week. Normal time is 7-10 days, but I stay in Delhi itself, so received it earlier.

Varun K

Aug 30, 2017
Hii,

I received Mail from CPC-Ottawa for Passport submission on August 29, 2017 but I am getting married in next 20-25 days, I want to bring my spouse along with me.

Please advise that, Is it Possible for me to add my spouse to my application after receiving Passport Request.If Yes, How much time it will gonna take for a new passport request for me and my Spouse and what will be the formalities.

Please advise, What should be done in this situation.