+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Adding spouse while cec application in process

spartan18

Star Member
Aug 14, 2011
Hi all..I have applied for cec on in April . Now I want to add my spouse to my application. So at what stage can I do that.i mean when I receive my aor or medicals or at a later stage.

KamSut

May 27, 2011
It doesn't really matter. There are no instructions from CIC of when you can add spouse to your processing application. You can add anytime.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spartan18 said:
Hi all..I have applied for cec on in April . Now I want to add my spouse to my application. So at what stage can I do that.i mean when I receive my aor or medicals or at a later stage.
You should wait until you receive the file/application number. Otherwise they will not know what file to update.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Did someone added their spouse to application. What is the process? What do we need to send in to CIC. And how much are the timelines delayed

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hs202 said:
Did someone added their spouse to application. What is the process? What do we need to send in to CIC. And how much are the timelines delayed
Submit a revised IMM 0008, IMM 5669, IMM 5406 and IMM 5562 for you. Submit an IMM 5669 and IMM 5406 for your wife along with a copy of your marriage certificate, copy of her passport ID page, her police clearance certificate(s) and 6 photos of her (PR size). Send a cover letter advising your marital status has changed and you want to add your spouse to the application. It should only add a couple of months onto processing time.

raysal

Sep 17, 2012
Hi Everyone, I would like to seek an opinion also regarding my case. I'm an August applicant and my filed received September 23, The thing is I applied as single status and I just got married this September 15, My question is do i really need to change my status?..or it will just delayed the processing? ..My Husband anyway is already immigrant but i still want to go through my application..Any suggestion what's the best thing I can do, It will be highly appreciated. :)

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I have zero experience but marriage is a change in your life for which you need to update. Whether you apply for immigration for your spouse is different question but you should at least update your status. I read at another post that it will delay about 2 months

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raysal said:
Hi Everyone, I would like to seek an opinion also regarding my case. I'm an August applicant and my filed received September 23, The thing is I applied as single status and I just got married this September 15, My question is do i really need to change my status?..or it will just delayed the processing? ..My Husband anyway is already immigrant but i still want to go through my application..Any suggestion what's the best thing I can do, It will be highly appreciated. :)
If your husband is already a permanent resident or citizen of Canada you do not have to add them to the forms. You only ADD them when they do not have PR status or are a citizen of Canada. However, you should advise CIC of your marriage, send a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of his PR card. Your application will NOT be delayed at all since no medicals or background checks will be required for your spouse.